Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sparkle time

I love driving at this time of year. When people gradually put up their outside Christmas lights. I don't like a big show. We don't have any as we are concerned about the use of energy - and I do worry about it. But there is something spiritual about seeing all the lights shining in the darkness. If it wasn't for the green issues then I would be for keeping them on until the clocks go forward in the spring.
I have to go out tonight and I would rather be in, with a real fire and some crafty stuff to play with. But I have work to do tonight - nice work though - sharing good news with a local church. And lots of lights to see on the way!

I have had some crafty moments. I haven't shared my Salt layout for this week yet.
Jesus, the true meaning of Christmas
We all love celebrating Christmas because it is a time for us to stop, remember and praise God for the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. HE IS the true meaning of Christmas. Not presents, not parties, not decorations, etc. JUST JESUS!!!

It would have been easier if I had got the hang of digital I think. But I haven't...
The words are from Meekness and Majesty by Graham Kendrick. The picture is one I saved to the computer but not where from. I would love to give acknowledgment for this beautiful picture so if anyone recognises it please let me know. For me it sums up the vulnerability of Jesus come amongst us, totally reliant on those around him - as we are totally reliant on Him. The words were printed onto white card, the photo mounted on top and the whole thing matted on red bazzill. The word "God" has been glittered. Three red gems and that is it.

I also made two 8x8 layouts this week.
An old piccy of Carys. She doesn't twiddle as much now but I still have to cut the odd knot from her hair! The papers are from an old SA kit- they are American Crafts. The title is robo'd. I just added some black gems and shisha mirrors - they look pretty but make a layout hard to photograph!

This months Self Addressed kit papers - sassafrass lass. The heart was hand cut and mounted on card. It was distressed with red distress ink. The stamps used on the heart are purple onion. The wings are from Artbase. I coloured them with red distress ink and then used my new dot stamp with the same ink. I wanted some sparkle so added Diamond shimmer paint on the top - which took all the ink off. SO they have ended up very distressed indeed (and so was I). He said and she said are Technique Tuesday stamps, the arrow is from an old SA kit. The chipboard letters are from my QVC box. I thought it would be good to get Phil to write what he said on the layout. He thought it was mad...
No change there, then.

7 comments:

Janice said...

Lovely LOs Lythan - what a lovely thing to look like an angel to someone - that is really special. Thanks for the comments on my card and for the Sugar Nellie recommendation - where do you get the stamps?

Janice

Canne said...

I think your LOs are lovely and I would love if my dh would say I looked like and angel!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous layouts. Love them all.
The Salt one is very powerful, stunning stuff.

Jackie said...

Lovely LOs as usual Lythan but I just love the Angel one!

Oblibby said...

Lovely layouts, Lythan. You look a perfect angel in yours and the extremely photogenic Carys looks fab as usual (brought back a memory of tying my hair in knots at school one time and my Mum going mad at me when she had to cut it all out!!).

Kathy said...

awww Lythan these are all so fab I love them all. I can't even begin to pick a favourite though.

Gillian said...

Lythan you have such a way with LO's, Each one is beautiful!
Paula summed it up perfectly with her comment.