Actually that is something that one of my cards rarely says - Merry Christmas. I am Happy with Happy but Merry for some reason, doesn't sound right to me. It is in the list of phrases that make me grit my teeth
- Merry Christmas
- and all the trimmings
- and without further ado
- what's the drill? (that's a family one)
I digress, for a change..
Anyway I have now made about 65 cards like this. Enough for me! And most of them are posted - a whole 4 days before the end of second class posting! Not the ones for abroad mind, they go last in our house! I try and come up with a fairly simple design every year but it turned out to have quite a few steps
- print sentiment
- round corners
- choose 3 co-ordinating papers
- cut star and trim to cut off one point.
- trim second patterned paper and round corners
- punch border on strip of third paper
- ink edges of paper
- add outlines with sparkly black pen
- add sharpie pen outline to star and do glue pen and glitter routine.
- put foam pads on the back of the star
- stick everything down
Must get on with wrting nativity reflections - for a carol service this afternoon. I'm doing Mary remembers and we are only up to Joseph agreeing to marry her so far...