Monday, January 31, 2011

Completed

and its not even summer again yet. I have finished my summer holiday scrapbook. I do one every year as it is a good way of capturing the memories and pictures of the family. I'm often still going until just before the next summer hols so ending by the end of January must be some kind of record...

I adore the colour of that Bazzill cardstock that came in a Gottacraft kit to match the Glitz papers. I also used Fancy Pants and MME papers; Chatterbox, Making Memories and Bella Blvd; Rnager white paint and Nestability dies.

I've put another needle in my sewing machine and also played about with tension and stitches and so am ready to give the sewing lark a proper try again - as here
I'm so cross that there appears to be a brown caterpiller across the page. It is actually some beautiful flower ribbon
here it is with the light turned up!
I used cream cardstock; MME papers; a doily inked all over; Cosmo Cricket lettering and a Jenni Bowlin button. Phil took the beautiful photographs and edited them.
And finally
Papers: Basic Grey and Echo Park; Daisy D rub on put on acetate with paint one the back; Glimmer mist; Embellishments: WRMK, October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket; Making Memories; Bazzill;Nikki Sivils; Paperchase; Fiskars border punch

And that is that!
Yesterday I was not preaching as it was my Study Leave week but there was a Pastoral Tea Party at one of my churches. There the Elders, who have a group of people to care for within the Church, sit with their groups so that folk can get to know each other and their Elder better. It is a really good time of sharing and helps us to feel like a real family. I asked the children what to sing for one of the hymns for our short closing act of worship and they chose "O come all ye faithful", then after some thought "Come and join the celebration". We sang the latter. Why should carols just be for Christmas after all!

1 comment:

Saffa said...

Hiya Lythan!!

Long time no see!! WOW your scarpbook is gorgeous!! Im just aching to scrap its terrible being parted from my stash for so long!!

Hope life is treating you well
xx