Friday, April 01, 2011

One of these things is not like the other

... make that two as I am hiding my Daring Cardmakers card(s) down the post so that the picture doesn't appear on Facebook which Phil's mum sometimes browses.
So I'll start with one of the cards from my latest Imagine That class (schedule available now!) using more of those delicious Stella and Rose papers and a bit of the old white gel pen
I'm really loving yellow and blue together at the moment. Who'd have thought it? Once more my class is the opposite of "clean and simple" so there may need to be some die cutting done in advance. Emma and Judy, I apologize (and I'll help!). I'll show off the other two cards and the layout I have done for another class (guess which colours it features) some time over the weekend.

OK so coast is now clear for Daring Cardmakers. We are so pleased that Zuzana is staying on as a team member and would like to offer you the chance to join us too. No fame or fortune, very few freebies but a lot of fun! Have a look at this post and why not have a go

As this is the first Friday in April - and April the 1st (slight pang here as everyone is rushing off to school/college/university this morning and I didn't get my annual parcel which is full of potatoes) we are back to flowers and the flowers for April are daisies and sweet peas. I found a lovely free sweet pea image here - many thanks to Birds Crafts! Then I had several attempts at colouring in using distress inks and a water brush. One was too small for the card I wanted (which has now been put on another card and already given to someone!) and some went completely wrong. Having got the image the right size I did two more. One was ok, one was perfect - until I somehow managed to place it near the distress ink covered glass block. I could not face doing it all over again so both mothers are going to receive slightly flawed cards.

Spot the difference!

Details: Card Creations Card; Stella and Rose 6x6 pad papers; Spellbinders Dies; Cuttlebug embossing folder; Distress Stain; Ranger enamel; EK Success punch; Purple Onion sentiment stamp; Black sharpie pen

Phil and Hywel have set off on their road trip caused by C2C running 45 minutes late so that H missed his train to Darlington by 5 minutes yesterday. At least Phil doesn't have any services to prepare for Sunday so will combine chauffeuring and studying with some bird watching as compensation!

And I need to grapple with the humongously long (but all relevant) reading of the Man Born Blind for Sunday and tease out what it says for us today - whilst wondering how I shoe horn in Mother's Day. I like being spoilt on Mother's Day (chocs; brekkie in bed; slap up meal in MCD's. True. (the one in Harlepool used to give you a little pot plant and everything) even maybe a huge from Son 2, although i am not holding my breath) but I don't like to make it the central focus for worship on a Sunday. For all those who love it there are so many who are missing mum's who have died, missing mum's who are alive but have never been the sort of mother they needed to be or feeling the ache of not having children of their own. Actually both readings (the other is God choosing little david out of all his fine brothers to be king) mention parents to a certain extent so it maybe possible.

However you spend your Sunday - and however you feel about it - I hope you find it good.

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Your mother's day cards are fabulous Lythan - love the colours and that fabulous sweet pea image. The first card is amazing too and the colours work so well together - it would be great for a teenager with that denim feel.

Love Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

These cards are fab, and I love how different they are. The star one is so bright and bold and the Sweet Pea cards are just so soft and felicate

Zuzana Obert said...

Fabulous cards Lythan. You did a great job :0)

Zuzana x x

Jules said...

Hi Lythan

Lovely to hear from you.

I have been having a good old catch up with all the creations on your blog.

So manay gorgeous creations. You have a style that is individual and all your own .. .. and I love it!!

I hope your studies are going well.

Love Jules xx

Riina said...

Beautiful cards! I like the "roughness" and contrast in the yellow and blue -card.

And the mother's day cards are just stunning. Love the colors!

Thanks for visiting my blog!
Greetings from Finland.


- Rhynah