Friday, October 12, 2012

Yawn

Today I have been brought up short in a prayer time. Probably because that is the only time I am quiet enough to really hear God speak. I had gone to prayers in a very grumpy mood. VERY grumpy. Our greyhound sometimes gets anxious in the night and wants to sleep somewhere different from where she sleeps. (The solution will NEVER be in our room though). Last night was an anxious night for some reason so she whined. She has a very loud and persistant whine. She whined basically from 3-5 during which time I did not get much sleep - even though Radio 5 were playing the Vice presidential election debate from the US. I was still cross about the lack of sleep this morning. I was shouty with her, narky with Phil (Carys was glad to escape). I stomped to church.
I sat down for prayers.
And then I thought about all the people who have broken sleep every night. Those who are carers who need to help people to the toilet in the middle of the night. Or who have to find a partner with dementia who is wandering. Or who have to turn a loved one regularly. Or those with babies who are desperate, desperate, for sleep.
So I confessed my sin of taking my petty gripes out on others (even the cause) and prayed for those who have broken nights,e very night.

I'm still tired though.
And there was no way I was ready to take a photo of my DCM card before prayers so I am late again!
I'm going to put another card photo up first as one of my friends is spider phobic and I suspect even a fun foam one might be too much. So the first photo will be a more mundane card being made for the church fair next week.
This card uses a MME pad of papers (finished it up too!); PTI card stock; EK Success large border punch; Nestabilities and MFT dies; Imagine That stamps; Vintage photo ink. I love the way there happened to be a sun shape in the top right corner of the paper!

OK now to the main event - the Spiders! Leo chose the dare Incy Wincy Spider.
I was hoping to combine this dare with a 90th birthday card I need to make. I'm not sure this is quite the thing though so will make another tonight (If I can keep my eyes open after Messy Church)

I don't do Halloween cards so needed to think what else I could do, so came up with a terrible pun. It is not really a pun to be honest!
I made the spider from fun foam using Nestie dies; the eyes are Cropodile punched with stick gems in the middle. I die cut a circle from the black square card and a larger one from the MME  orange paper.  The Bakers Twine is sandwiched between the paper and the cardstock. A little metal corner tag (to bring some red in) plus stamps by Imagine That and Banana Frog frame the pun spelled out in American Crafts thickers.
And here is the inside...

Now who can I send it to?

There is a wedding at church tomorrow. PLEASE let there be sunshine after all the rain. There can't be any rain left in the clouds over South Devon, surely? I do love a wedding though - and as Minister I get the best view of the love and the nerves and the tears and the laughter. Its fab!
Let's hope I am awake enough to enjoy it!

1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

ha ha, I love that spider card and the inside made me laugh out loud!