Friday, March 29, 2013

A good, Good Friday

It is Good Friday. One of the key days of the year for a Christian. Many of us gather together from different churches and have a walk of witness. I offered to create a bookmark style leaflet for handing out to passers by  to explain what we are doing when we walk together. If you have ever wondered why - here is my take on it



On the first Good Friday, a crowd followed Jesus as he carried his cross to the place outside the city wall, where he was crucified.
They mocked and cursed him on the way.
God’s son died for us out of love for the world, to forgive us for our sins and bring us into a loving relationship with God.
So on Good Friday, as Christians worshipping in St Marychurch and Babbacombe, 
we follow the cross -sharing songs and prayers and readings- 
with sorrow for the way the world rejected Jesus, 
but also with thanks and praise that through his death and resurrection 
we know that God still accepts and welcomes us.

I didn't think I would be able to make a card for this weeks Daring Cardmakers but managed a few spare minutes or so - I wanted to support Beckie on her first official dare. She challenged us to Spring into Spring - with a spring!
Plus to highlight to you that this is a prize draw week - woo!
Little Blue Button are sponsoring the dare and offering you

All you need to do is leave a link as usual to show us your finished creation and you'll be entered into the prize draw. The winner will be picked at random and announced ahead of next week's dare (Friday 5th April). Big thank you to Little Blue Button for offering this cool prize! Don't forget to check out their store.

As I didn't have a lot of time I wanted to do something more simple and remembered I had some spring type things in my stash. (As you do). I was quite surprised to find they were pink. I don't usually have that much pink. I combined them with a new Crate Paper Maggie Holmes 6x6 pad.
and some negative space letters using alphabet dies. Note to self - it really is better to do these one at a time even with washi tape. Most of the papers were already in stripes but I still cut them up and ripped the edgeof each one a little. Kind of faux washi tape if you will (I would love to have all of those as washi tape.) I made a tag with a dienamics fishtail die and a little flower with some neglected punches. Its not my favourite ever card to be honest. Perhaps because I decided not to do any outlining and as usual, regret it.

I made another card this week that went a bit wrong. The end result is ok
 
 I bought these beautiful stamps and dies from Clearly Besotted. I thought it would be good to stamp on vellum. It took so many goes to either get the stamping or the die cutting right or to find that the ink from one piece had migrated on to the clear jar. I used almost all of an 8x8 piece of vellum for what is really a tiny image. Not happy. And then I decided to put the vellum through my sticker maker. and the leaf broke (as you can probaby see) but by then I decided that it was going on come what may. I added a glittered vellum cross, some yellow paper from the Crate pad, oh yes and there was supposed to be a tasteful die cut border that didn't cut properly. Sulk.

Here are my final Quirky Kit layouts using the latest kit. Visit the blog to find out how I made them and get heaps more inspiration from the rest of the team

My second favourite
and my top favourite - bright memories of a fab day - even with the slightly squiffy writing
Have a great Easter - however you celebrate it! For me it will be a Sunday full of love and hope. And I'm not jsut hoping I remember to put the clocks forward...

1 comment:

Miri said...

Your card is cute. I love the spring colours.
And I also think you're a talented scrapbooker!!! I wish I would find the time to take care of my photos ...