Friday, January 24, 2014

Stripey

I've been having fun with stripes this week along with the other Daring Cardmakers
I do so love stripes. And dots. And here I have managed to make stripes from dots. I used some papers from an Authentique paper pad ("Strong"). I cut strips of various sizes, inked the edges and then glued them to a scrap of cardstock. Using a spellbinders die I cut out a large star from the centre. I then stuck smaller strips of the papers onto more spare cardstock and die cut a smaller star.
I mounted the frame and the star using foam pads. Very thin foam pads. Probably too thin (trying to avoid the card being too thick to post on a normal stamp) as you can hardly see any dimension at all.
Even close up.
A gem and a Simon Says Stamp phrase on a die cut pennant were the finishing touches.

I've been making some layouts for Quirky Kits again this month. There are a few kits left if you are quick but you can also sign up to the next rather lovely offerings from Leo. Here is a peek at some of my work but do go and look at the blog for more details and to see what Leo and Nikki have made too






2 comments:

Miri said...

A great card and so "you". It's a clever way to use up scraps and the inked edges add lots of interest to your stripes!
I also like your scrapbook pages. And the photo on your last layout (love) is so beautiful.

Natty said...

Fab projects Lythan, they are all so different yet still that signature Lythan look! I especially love that last page, perfect way to showcase that lovely photo. :)