Friday, March 06, 2015

Snap!

Its Elemental Inspiration time at Daring Cardmakers and I was tickled that Leo used the same sticker on her card as I did. Maybe it's not totally surprising as we both utilised Quirky Kits to make our cards. You can find instructions on Leo's card here - worth looking as she has made a very cute tassel. And do look on the DCM blog for everyone else's fabby concoctions.

Here is our inspiration
and my card
I used the gold (really? it must be subtle); the confetti and the big letter (although mine are three slightly smaller letters).
The confetti paper and the subtle aqua are the same sheet of paper - just beautiful. I used a brand new WPlus9 die for "thank you" and a Docraft alphabet to cut "mum" from gold foil paper. The pink tag is made from iced pink cardstock, embossed with a lovely Maggie Holmes folder and topped off with washi tape from the kit. The little sticker got the gold treatment with my krylon pen, like everything else. I added in some gold sequins as a further nod to confetti.
I shall write "for everything" inside the card as I ran out of space on the front!.

I have very little crafting time this week or next but have been trying to keep up a Lent journal which I must photograph. I usually get to about now in Lent then it gets really hectic and I fall by the wayside so I am hoping to finish this year. Lenten discipline is sadly not my forte. The good news is that it comes around again so that I can do better next time. And that I receive God's forgiveness. "Hooray" and "thanks for everything" are words for him, too.




1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love your card, especially the gold, it looks great with the other colours you've chosen x