Friday, September 04, 2015

Microwave slippers here I come

My feet are sooooo cold.
(they usually are unless they are boiling hot. Thank you perimenopause)
But I have these clever beanbag type slippers that go in the microwave and warm me up a treat.
Unless I put them in for too long and then I go "Mmmmm oooooOOOOOOWWWWW get 'em OFF" as they are lovely until the pain receptors hit the brain!
We have had a lovely few days in Torquay but the evenings are very cold.

I've had a busy week - a lovely retreat last week with Phil in a place that lives to allow Ministers time to rest and recuperate. But I came back to prepare the funeral of a dear Church member and lots of meetings and stuff :( So I'm a bit pooped now. 

(Plus I had my VitB12 injection today and I've noticed my energy levels going down. (uh huh I am officially v. old))
Hmmm seem to have almost weaned myself off excessive !!!! to be replaced by far too many (...)

Changing the subject from my grammatical foibles, I have two weeks worth of Daring cards to share. I made the fruity one last Friday but then gave it to number 1 son on Saturday as he was 23. (By the time I was his age I was married!!!) oh look-  both (!!!!)

Anyway, last weeks theme was chosen by Jo - Feeling Fruity
 I used my new Dienamics die again - but this time first cut my card to be closer to US size - 5 1/2 by 4 1/6 (it should be 4 1/4 but UK paper isn't that wide). A lot of embellishments and dies work better on this size card because that is what they were made for.

I cut out three stitched circles from watercolour paper, drew some fruit and coloured it in with Clean Color markers. A hand written punny title - just what you need for birthdays in our family) and lots of black pen and it was done.

This week we had a lovely inspiration piece chosen by Beckie as it is time for the September elemental challenge
I actually made two cards (as I needed two) and photographed them at different times of day 

So what I did was.... die cut cut a panel from heavy white card stock. Then I smooshed some dry distress ink in oranges, pinks and reds to go with the inspiration piece across the card stock. I have some Perfect pearls spray that went over the top, giving that lovely flecked look. When that was dry I used a star stencil and white embossing paste over the top - just like on that delicious looking pie in the pic.

Whilst that was drying I die cut the leaves and sentiment from coloured card stock. The Clearly Besotted  leaves were smothered in a diamond glitter paste and the "thank you" was also cut from white card and stuck together. When everything was assembled it was time to add a few Stickles berries and call them both done!

And the rest of the weekend when I am not working will mostly feature getting my daughter ready to go back to Uni on Monday. And of course, heating up those slippers

1 comment:

Louise H said...

I love a ! or (...) and both together make my day, so don't stop!!!!
I would love to have the ability to use my own handwriting on cards (not that I make many) but I struggle with hand eye coordination - always last to be picked in pe - and end up with letters that are different widths, heights and spacing :(
I do like the challenge photo - very inspiring x