Friday, June 08, 2012

A lovely staycation

is what I have been enjoying this week :)
It hasn't been filled with anything much - a couple of movie nights (Lincoln Lawyer - better than I thought it would be, maybe a tad above average and the Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - the Swedish made for tv version. Which was gripping. They had to cut chunks out of it  - I loved the "so you're emancipated - which if I recall takes about 100 pages of the book. I just can't see a US version working if it will be less than 3 hours... ); a lot of ironing; a load of bin bag filling. And some crafting.
But no running.
Have you noticed I went quiet about that?
I spent a really rough couple of weeks at below par and somehow haven't got the hywl to start again. I think it will come but perhaps not until we move and I might do a bit of Couch25k to get me back to 5k (was on 6.5)

Anyway here is some of what I have been doing...
this week's Daring Cardmakers challenge was set by the lovely Nat
and the challenge is Resin Inspiration - to use some resin somewhere on the card.
this card was inspired by a sketch - but I can't remember where I got the sketch from (sorry. I know its not a current one). There is some of yer actual sewing maching stitching on here. I still panic while I am stitching which makes the machine go faster than I want it to. I have a fair bit of this lovely variegated thread so I might do some pre stitching of card bases again.
The papers are all from a MME 6x6 pad. MME pads are just so lush, lovely thick paper. So I chose a few that would tone together with my Prima resin flower. I also used a doily punch, leaf punch and  loads of nestability dies. The sentiment is an Imagine That one. The cream layer has some embossing done with a Nestability folder. Which didn't like going through my cuttlebug. When i read the instructions it turned out that this is because I was using the wrong sandwich and could have wrecked folder and/or machine. READ first, use second. When will I learn?

I've also been super early with my Father's Day card. Turns out Dad will be out of the country so it doesn't need to be ready yet! This time I know where the inspiration is from - Tracie Claiborne's card as seen on Two Peas.
Another day, another MME pad of paper. I am so pleased with this so thank you Tracie for the inspiration!

And I want to use stamps a bit more so dug out my Imagine That balloons
Guess where the paper is from? You are right.

I wrote another blog post on the Quirky Kits inspiration site yesterday. The layout is all about the Tithe barn in Upminster that is only open once a month and we keep not getting round to it. Last Sunday was our final opportunity and it is such a fun (and free) place to visit! The Quirky kit had lots of eclectic goodies to use that brought out the eccentric nature of the museum.(See that blog for more details on the page)

We've got a Sunday off this week. Only we are going to church to hear Carys sing in the morning, then Phil is doing a worship planning seminar and we are both taking our (final) evening service. We've planned it together and haven't argued. Yet. Its a miracle!

1 comment:

Natty said...

Blimey Lythan, you have been busy. :D

Lovely projects, and I especially love the vibrant colours used in those cards.

Fab!