Saturday, September 22, 2012

Not again!

I can't beleive that I have been so neglectful again. I just seem to miss the time between being able to photograph things and then get them on the blog. I find myself very irritating.
I have been very, very, very busy and also been helping get the boys set up to go to University.
They went yesterday and Phil is on his way home with an empty car and a full heart.
But all of that is no excuse really.

So I could do a mahoosive catch up.
Again.
I'll stick to a couple of cards at the moment.
And try and find a space later in the week for some layouts.

Here is my Vellum dare for Daring Cardmakers
I saw someone make their own vellum feather as part of counterfeit kits and thought I would try to make my own. I drew a feather type shape on some white vellum and stamped some words in white ink. I added some wire and covered it in masking tape.
I used the same stamp on the green bazzill card and added some MME 6x6 papers. A stamped sentiment and some black gems finished it off.

For this week I had an idea of what I wanted to do straight away.
For a thank you card I wanted a simple phrase and remembered one that my friend Cathrine used a lot - "ta muchly". I wanted "ta" as I had a vision of thicker style letters on the card and didn't fancy having too many letters to cut out! I die cut the letters using Dienamic dies 4 times each, 3 on old paper and the top layer from navy blue paper. I then stuck them together. I added them to a piece of white card with some rub on letters on it.
Other materials: PTI kraft card stock; Basic Grey PB and J 6x6 paper pad; Doodlebug paper frill; white pen and Sharpie and lots of stick on pearls.

I also made a card to a recent Basic Grey sketch
I used a BG Paper Cottge 6x6 pad and stickers; MME and Imagine That stamps, a QK die and lots of Liquid Pearls.

Rather than fill in more stories of life and work I shall try and give you a treat to make up for not blogging.
John Finnemore's Souvenir Programme
He makes me laugh so, so much.

Which I need when the house feels very empty without my boys


2 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fabulous cards Lythan, and I love the 'ta muchly' greeting.

SueH said...

It must feel so strange to have boy the boys away from home at the same time but on the Christmas break will be here before you know it and they will be home again.
Beautiful cards as always. I love the TA Muchly one, so much more fun than just saying Thank You.

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x