Friday, October 04, 2013

Seven!

Who would have thunk it? Daring Cardmakers has now been around for a massive SEVEN years!
  
Isn't that incredible?
And quite surprisingly I've been around for all that time as well. I haven't made a card for every single dare - but I've managed quite a few in that time. It has been my pleasure to work with some really lovely people and be awed by their creativity. I have even met a few of them in real life! Thanks for being such an important part of my life everyone :)

I thought it would be fun to pull out my first card and see what I thought.
Sadly, I think I prefer it to the one I have made this week!
Basic Grey Lily Kate papers. still have some of them to use up!

We are having a month of celebrations at Daring Cardmakers so why not join in the fun (and the giveaways)
This week there are punches to be won - if you play along with the Dare which is to take inspiration from the rainbow colours of this cake
and my card, well it kind of went wrong
It was going to be a layer cake but it just wouldn't go right so in the end I made a layered square and added a home made candle on the top. I love the rainbow birthday epoxy stickers which I have had for ever and the card also features one of the lovely Docraft punches you can win this week and some home made enamel dots. I added lots of sparkle to the candle with Rock Candy Distress Stickles
Have a look at the other GORGEOUS cards that the team have made this week. I am so proud of them and rather than be disheartened it will spur me on to do better.

I actually have an almost day off tomorrow (apart from the concert I will need to attend and give the vote of thanks at - one of the quirky fun things about my job. Sometimes it is hard to find the right words to say (the choral version of Bohemian Rhapsody and  a whole concert of tambourine playing I found particularly interesting) but that can be part of the challenge) and as it is World Cardmaking Day I really ought to join in. So I will give this dare another go!
Why don't you as well?




3 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I really like the rainbow layers on your card, and I think you're being unnecessarily hard on yourself! I think it's a fab card and the design works really well. It's great to see your first ever card too! I was joining in on the dares from quite early on and it really doesn't seem like 7 years.

Natty said...

It didn't go wrong Lythan, it's a great card! I especially love the chevron, as you will have guessed! And all that sparkle!! Congratulations to you on your 7th DCM-iversary!

Kathy said...

I remember that heart card - you did a tute on a forum for it if I remember tightly - you started me off on a love affair with using small punched squares for mosaics that I still love to do now!

There is nothing wrong with this weeks card, it's bright, graphic and cheerful and exactly right