Sunday, February 07, 2016

Layout catch up

the trouble with enjoying crochet (see last post for details :) ) is that is is social and I can do it in a room with a gas fire.
Other things I have to waddle up to my craft space in my bedroom and it takes thought to do that. But I am still enjoying it when I get there and have made a few layouts recently. I loved doing the last one about our amazing holiday to Madeira and I am ready to go and make more.

But firstly, finishing off the stories from our last summer holiday
I used all sorts of old stuff - Simple Stories; Crate Paper and some old resist papers that I think are Pink Paislee, that I coloured blue to match the cloudy sky in the photo. The sticker should really say "undocumented" as it is about the quick as a flash dolphin sighting that we didn't get a photo of. I really enjoyed layering it up top and bottom


Then a more simple page about a poem in Welsh and a very special word that has no English equivalent
The papers are all Websters Papers and the journal spots are October Afternoon. The gold accents are mostly Crate Paper.
I wrote out the translation in gold pen. I wondered about adding in the whole poem in Welsh but decided against it. You can read some of it on the wall in the photo. Welsh people who don't live in Wales, like me, often enjoy wallowing in the feeling of hiraeth, but prefer the emotional pang to actually living there! I've noticed that people from Africa who live here have the same sort of emotional responses to "home". (Maybe others but it is those from continental Africa that I have had such conversations with!)

And then... Meet Barry, done in a flash the other day
I was helped by using a sketch from Easy Scrapbook Sketches and again keeping it pretty simple
That photo makes me smile from ear to ear. Its amazing what making a face on something does to us... which is what the journalling is about. And also reminds me that the food was delicious and the vegetables... strange but tasty.

The papers are Dear Lizzy documentary but I think most of the stickers are Crate Paper Maggie Holmes, plus some old Websters and October Afternoon letter stickers

Oh and some Heidi Swapp words - I think from an old Quirky Kit. All the words left are perfect for these holiday memories so expect to see more soon


No comments: