Thursday, June 05, 2008

Salty Psalms

Being on the Salt team is such fun but also complex because of the time differences between us. At the moment it is Thursday afternoon for me but for Gill and Casey it is early Friday morning while for the two Kim's it is Thursday mid morning! So we don't necessarily get to share each others work before the challenge launch. My layout was actually done and dusted on Monday (for once) but until launch time I hadn't seen anyone else's. So it was a joy and delight to notice how all our work tones together and that we all interpreted a broad theme in quite a specific way.
I chose the theme this time
the Psalms.
From frustration and anger to joy and support. there is so much in the book of Psalms. I'd like you to reflect on a favourite verse - or whole psalm and interpret it as you feel led.

I knew which Psalm I wanted to use - Psalm 8. I had grand ideas about posed photos but in the end went for one I took of a mighty oak in Epping Forest with my tiny family in front of it.
I had seen a layout by Anne Perry in Scrapbook Inspirations that extended the photo by using chalks and decided to go for the same look. I am pretty pleased with the results.

The papers are more of my original Crate Papers that I feel like i have had forever- these are Taylor, inked and curled a bit. It was a bit of a shock to discover that the papers were no longer 12x12 as they had looked (I must have something stripy somewhere with the strips on it!) so had to improvise. The journalling strips are done using journalling hand font, also chalked.

And here is the other layout I said I would show using old paper. I love this Basic Grey Phoebe paper, love it! But have hardly used it. So I am trying hard now!

The lettering was cut using the robo and I bought the beads at the stitch show last October.

3 comments:

Hazel said...

You're right, that BG paper is beautiful (as so many of them are - too many sometimes to choose which one) - super LO. Your LO for celebrating Psalms is perfect - such a good choice of Psalm depicted in such a majestic way - thanks for another great challenge.

Anice said...

Beautiful layouts.
Anice xx

Esther said...

The tree photo makes a great centre piece for your layout, and the torn curled paper works well with the chalked effect. This week it was a matter of 'great minds think alike!'