Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday already?

How did that happen?
Life is going so fast at the moment.
So what have I been up to since Friday?
1: Church BBQ - we ate inside but it went well. Good day.
2: Sunday - bit fraught but ok in the end!
3: Monday - interviews for a top post in the church. Hard going. Mostly because we spent hours in a windowless room in the basement
4: Tuesday - 2 sessions off. Preparing for my mum to stay overnight (now left and ironing basket empty, thanks mum!) LOooooooooooooooong evening meeting.

So I have had some crafty time in the midst of all of that. I'll share a little of it today!
I managed a DCM Little Extra (we are running behind this week. Not just me finding time fly!)
6th Anniversary this week - Candy, Iron or Wood :)
I used a Papermaze blog template. You must see the templates and tutorials. The cards are so fab! And the templates are open enough for your imagination to fly.
OK "fly" is maybe a slight exaggeration for what I did! Here is the sketch

I used a cream A5 base and Infuse papers from the 6x6 pad by Basic Grey. I'm trying to get them used! Hand drawn heart, grosgrain ribbon and a lovely wooden house button. I coloured in the hearts with a Sakura glaze white pen. Adorn it letters finished it off. Loads of inking as well natch! How funny is it that the two DCM cards turned out to be new home ones!

I also did a 2Sketches4You template card this week. The sketches are soooooo cute. I'm not sure if I am allowed to copy the template here so go and have a look. Its worth it anyway as the cards are wow too!
I used another BG pad - this time the Figgy Pudding one. I love the way this card does not look Christmassy. I also used some lovely velvet ribbon, prima and Auntie Sarah's flowers and the brown one maybe Making Memroies - from a kit anyway, Bazzill buttons and Hobbycraft bling!

And finally for today - the card diva challenge on Scrapitude at the moment is for a frame card. I used me ol' Sizzix jelly fame; Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo papers, my trusty white pen and a dear little printable robot from Doodlydo
And finally
I've been tagged by the very lovely SueH so here goes

Ten Years Ago:

We were getting ready for Carys' second birthday (joint birthday , 4 days to go!). It was bittersweet as Phil's dad died on that day the year before - Phil was at his father's bedside on her first birthday which was tough in all sorts of ways. So although the children were looking forward to fun celebrations, for the adults it was tinged with remembering. It still is every year but not as pointed as that first one.

Generally speaking I was running round like a mad thing with a half time church and a 2, 4 and 6 year old to take care of. Life was busy but fun!

Five things in today's 'to do list':

1. Minister's letter

2. Phone to arrange meetings

3. Soup and cheese lunch at church

4. Put washing away

5. Filing!

Snacks I enjoy:
Ice cream
Chocolate
Rice sensations salt and vinegar pringles (has to be specific)

Things I would do if I was a millionaire:
It would solve the impending university crisis that looms in our house (not rich enough to pay it all for the kids, not poor enough to get that much financial help)
I would tithe it (give 10% away)
and probably do my job but not get paid for it. That is actually more difficult than it sounds with my job as there is a different category of Minister called "non stipendiary" and I don't want to be one of those so I might have to take the wages and then give it back.
This is what I always do with these sorts of questions, take it too seriously and work out all the problems.
I'm never going to be a millionaire!

Places I have lived:

Port Talbot, South Wales
Clapham,
Stoneleigh, Surrey,
Swansea
Lancaster (for university)
Yardley Hastings (Northampton)
Rochdale
Oxford
Kilburn
Hartlepool
Upminster

Who will I tag? Hmmm as I am one of the last to do this, if you haven't and you would like to - go for it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your work - and I love your take on this weeks sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You. Can't wait to see what you do next week :
Kazan

michelle said...

wow you have been busy ! some wonderful creations !!

Rika said...

Fabulous cards Lythan!

Kath Stewart said...

Wow gorgeous card for the sketch love those papers
Kath
xxxx

SueH said...

Amazing cards as always Lythan....you are so talented.

Thanks for taking up the challenge of answering the questions for the tag. It's all verey intresting finding out what you were up to before we met!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Wow! I have just found your blog and it's gorgeous!! I love your cards.

God bless..

Heather xx