Friday, August 01, 2008

Friday frolics

Phil has been out all day today learning to drive a moped. He is saving up for one at the moment and now is keener than ever. Unfortunately the internet connection went down and only he knows the magic words to get it working again. I tried everything. It is SOOO frustrating to be internet-less - for work as well as play! Throw a very difficult funeral into the mix and I am rather frazzled. Phil managed to phone me up and share the magic words so I am back with you now!

I did mean to post yesterday too but somehow it didn't happen. Despite it being the summer time work life is still very full. I went for a day/night meeting to a Derby travelodge. 2 other Ministers and I meet up twice a year to share issues that we have. It is really useful. We meet there because although two of us are reasonably close together the other is in the North West and Derby is kind of equidistant.

SO I am both Salt-ing and Daring-ing today.

Amazingly Salt has been going a year now. I really love doing the faith scrapping and am beginning to plan how to share it at church in September. Hazel chose the dare this time.
And God saw that it was good'
This is a reflection on Genesis 1, which gives an account of God's marvellous work of Creation and His reflection on it was that He 'saw that it was good'.
I immediately thought about Margaret Hebblethwaite's reflections on having a baby being the nearest we get to knowing what God felt like at Creation - so that is what I went with
This is the layout that growed. I wanted to make an 8.5x11 layout but then felt it was too plain. So I mounted it on patterned paper and then thought it was a finny size so it ended up 12x12 after all! The paper is all American Crafts, as well as the thickers and the bling is Poundland. The other brad shapes came from a costco kit. I couldn't get the photograph colours quite right and it is just a shade brighter in real life. The journalling spot is a Maya Road sheer.

That is me with number 1 son. I don't have any photos from when he was totally newly born - we had an emergency section in the middle of the night. Phil then didn't come to the lunchtime visiting because he had a wedding to do (he sent his church secretary to see me instead. Hmmmm) so this was probably taken that evening. Dig my old lady haircut. I think I was trying to look the mature minister at that time. I have given up now!

ON to DCM for this week.
Sprinkles!
This week we're working with sprinkles. If you'd like to join in and play along then create a card using some teeny weeny dots/spots to represent little sprinkles. You might add a splash of french knots, beads, small sequins or bling, teeny buttons, hand drawn dots, paint splotches or think up something else thats teeny, tiny and sprinkled.

I've bought two of the new Spiral Whisper stamps so used one of them on my card
this card is another example of having to work round my many mistakes! You wouldn't believe how many times I had to stamp her out. The dots on the dress and shoes are a Stampin Up stamp that was coloured using two distress inks. I was always going to paper piece those elements. But when I came to colour her in - disaster. I don't know what went wrong as I used two different ink pads on two different versions - but the colour ran into the delicate skin I was trying to colour with Prisma pencils. SO I gave up and distress inked and cut out her face, hair, arms and legs! the sentiment is where it is to hide some red ink (how did it get so near her? I don't know, but I wasn't going to start again). The papers are basic grey Boxer, the flowers are a Stampin Up punch combined with an office hole punch and the bling on the flowers is all Poundland. The original card design is my interpretation of a Sketch This card sketch from waaaay back.

Right must finish service stuff for Sunday now the internet is back. No excuse any more!

4 comments:

Jozza said...

Great LO and card!

There's a little something on my blog for you :o)

Unknown said...

I love your LO - but I know what you mean about keeping adding things to your work as I do it all the time. Your card is gorgeous and I am desperately trying to resist buying any of these stamps! The DP is gorgeous of course - yey BG! Lol Lynn x

Rachel said...

I rarely plan - things evolve in my craft room!!

Lovely to see some SU in there and great card - AS USUAL!
Rachel

Nickynoo said...

I love how your LO evolved, the layering really works - fab how these things turn out! Great DCM card too :O)