Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm a crafting fool!

Managed to get some time to craft this weekend. Just bliss!
I was lucky enough to win two prizes recently - fab polka doodle flowers from Fat Freddies
(expect to see them on some cards soon - they are gorgeous!)
and a Studio Calico kit!
Trouble is I now want to get a Studio Calico kit every month and I can't afford it. Sulk. So I will just have to make the most of the one I've got. And I think I'm doing pretty well! I also threw in a few bits from the shop as postage was already paid for! Best thing was these Chatterbox die cuts. Sooo much in the pack!

And here are my first 4 layouts (done another one now but Phil has the camera today). I can't get the colour balance right today. Sigh. You'll jsut have to imagine the true colours. 1st is of Carys at Tenby. Its the photo I used to show how she has changed in 3 years. I think she looks beautiful in this one (in my unbiased opinion!)
the background is really cream - I don't know why picasa has such a blue cast on it. (blame the 'puter is always my rule). All from the kit (including the arrow stamp!) except for "at" which is a Makimg Memories word sticker; bracket stamp (can't remember, UK company); chatterbok die cuts and Papermania sticky stones
this is nearer the right colour! I added crochet ribbon and flower; button; pearls across the top (missing one now replaced!); Basic Grey chipboard hand and stitching on paper cut with scalloped scissors. here is a blurb close up
this one uses a photo you have seen before too
I can't believe how squiffy that right hand side is! Oh well. I added black beads that I added dots to and some black and white dot ribbon
and finally... a very minimalist one. I added a doodlebug paper frill and some Anitas tiny gems. Oh and more little pearls on the butterflies. Journalling spot made with a Nestie die
You may argue that Carys has my mum's hair colour. Its more the other way round!

I have more cards and things to share but risk overload so just want to show the card I made for Em's birthday today. NB he hates me singing.
All papers american crafts; starving artists and purple onion stamps; doodlebug fuzzy brads; prisma pencils
Don't forget my blog candy draw!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

FANTASTIC!

All wonderful LOs and a great card too - your sense of humour shines through in everything you do. I absolutely adore that photo of you all on your daytrip - what a hoot!

Canne said...

Fab LO's and just love that birthday card!

SueH said...

Congratulations on your wins Lythan.

Your LO’s are just fab as always and you’ve done a great job with that…..so far.
Look forward to seeing what you do with the rest of it!

Sue
x

Tip Top said...

Hahahha!! Fab Birthday card with his little pants on!!