Friday, September 11, 2009

Failed again

I do love blogging. But sometimes fitting it in is a problem. So at the moment it looks like it is just weekly. Trouble with that is that I get bored of uploading photos. But I did promise some of my hols so better show you!


I have been doing work for Docrafts this week and also for Funky Hand. Anice is bringing out a new seasonal download that is absolutely gorgeous. I can almost forgive her for making me do something far before I usually do...

What I can show you is my Daring card for the week. Due to poor Jo's computer problems we came up with a team dare this week.
Down by the Sea
Of course we don't just enjoy being by the sea in the Summer, it doesn't matter what the season is, the seaside is a great place to be, so this week we'd love you to make cards with any sort of seaside theme.

Ages ago I bought some Sheetload clear and frosted acetate cards. I can't rate their customer service and price enough. But I did panic for ages as to how to use them. I am getting to grips now, partly by following some of the designs featured on their blog. So I decided to make my seaside card a frosted one
The whole card uses crafty purchases of days gone by!
I bought the papers in a kit by Funkykits a few years ago and almost threw them out this week! The seashell paper was stuck on the inside cover and the stripy paper torn and layered to be "waves". I opened my neglected box of charms and found three nautical ones (anchor, starfish and um, flip flop). This gold net stuff has been on the floor of the craft area for ages. When I tidy up I put it on a shelf and it falls off again. SO I scrunched it up to be netting. The stamps used are Purple Onion ones from Self Addressed kits. Oh I did use a new brown stazon ink.
to be honest I am not sure about the card, but it will get used! I do love the work of the other team members this week. Rush over to Daring Cardmakers and, er, surf through the seaside cards!!!!

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Lythan - I love your card it reminds me of beachcombing especially as you've "found" most of the elements just lying around lol. Just brilliant!

Love Lynda xxx

librariane said...

Your card is very calming and captures the essence of the dare! I love the tactileness, too.

And your first two pictures fit the dare!

Anice said...

Looks like you had a wonderful place to be on your hols..the pictures are fab! I'm glad you will forgive me for making you face Xmas crafting so early. You know I feel the same way..but this is business I suppose!!
You are really talking me into getting some of these frosted acetate cards..everything you have made with them,that I've been lucky enought to see, have been wonderful.
Anice xx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card lythan with a real feeling of the seaside...and I love your holiday pics...that beautiful beach and the sea is so blue....enjoy the rest of your weekend...big hugs kath xxxxxx

Hazel said...

Holiday pics are great - love the one of you and Carys. Your card for DCM is so unusual - works well x