Monday, February 22, 2010

Its cold, its raining and I have to work

Slump.
But working today (which should be my day off - but the I have just had a whole week of nothing!) means more time ot play at the weekend - I hope...
I have had loads of crafting fun over the last few days. I won't share it all at once but try and blog a bit more often this week. Famous last words...

Anyway here is one of the layouts I have done. It is an entry for Sarahs Cards Feb sketch challenge and is one of those day trip to France layouts (actually all of these are)
You may need to see that the poster advertises a place called "Plopsaland" which made us giggle - hence the title "We failed the grown up test" (notwithstanding the fact that I know how to use the word "hence"). It was just a chance to be really silly and grab some of my fave colourful papers - Scenic Route Surprise and Grafton; Love Elsie; Christina Cole and Cherry Arte. Letter stickers are Jenni Bowlin; LYB and Making Memories; Cherryarte chipboard and silly creatures are Paperchase. Oh yes and brads from Queen and Co and Papermania and Bazzill.

This one celebrates the fact that we found a scrap shop on Bergues. Which we had to visit. I pulled out a load of old papers to mimic the display - some are Sassafrass, some Papermania and I think the animal ones are Making Memories. I've had them 5 years and never used them. The pink circle die cut is one I made ages ago on the Craft Robo. (MUST fix that up again). The Sassafrass stickers and Cork word I bought in the shop (it would have been rude not to buy anything), the title was made using Funky Foam and a Sizzx alpha. The backing paper is a sheet of American Crafts.

The papers are Ethan Kate by Scrapworks. I also used my new Martha Stewart punch; Prima and Cosmo Cricket stamps; Ethan Kate and Making Memories letters; Jenni Bowlin chipboard button; Hambly acetate and some cardboard!

OK back to work - looking through psychometric tests that I got some people to do. Veeery interesting (she says stroking her beard thoughtfully)

4 comments:

Rachael Elliott said...

Gorgeous LOs, especially like your entry into our challenge, love all the bright colours so eye catching! Thanks for taking part :)

Anonymous said...

I love your style Lythan. They're all gorgeous. :) Love the title of the first one, hehe.

Vanessa x

Cathy C said...

Thats fab Lythan! love all the bright colours! thanx for playing along!

Rachael Elliott said...

Hi Lythan, think you might like to pop over to the Sarahs Cards blog :)
xx