Friday, June 25, 2010

If you celebrate a special day on Tuesday look away now

No, not Carys
or me,
but a friend who is celebrating a special something that isn't their birthday on Tuesday.

And just to make sure in case she reads this on Facebook I'm going to make sure the first photo is a scrapbook page I did recently...
using some lovely MME papers and a sketch. Possibly Sketchy Thursday. I really must right them down better...
Also used doodlebug stickers and a Bazzill Just the Edge, edge.

Right now back to the celebration in question. A dear friend and absolute brilliant person is celebrating 25 years as a Minister which doesn't seem possible. She is just a wonderful person who has been reminded recently that Ministry is a rollercoaster and all you can do is hold tight and trust in the Lord. we all need that from time to time but could do without some of the twists and turns I know. 25 years - that is awesome!
And so when I found out the Daring Cardmakers Dare this week - Ice and Snow - I thought I could combine the two cardmaking needs into one! See I was thinking white, silver, sparkles (every Minister deserves sparkles) . Didn't quite come out that way - but is better for being slighly less frosty I think.
Card is cut out using a Paperartsy frame die which I borrowed from Imagine That to do a card class and might just have cut out some more to use at home (blush) but at elast one of the big dies is coming home with me on Monday as a surprise birthday present so I can feel less guilty :)
The papers are WRMemoryKeepers Coppered Out also from Imagine That although I mostly used the back. My two fave emobssing folders were made to work. The dove (sign of the Holy Spirit) is a KandCo paper template I use A LOT; cross is a Nestabilities die, 25 are doodlebug letters. I also used lots of gems and heaps of Glamour Dust. Here is a close up of the sparkly cross
Although I am always humbled by the fact that Jesus died like a common criminal on rough wood, as we celebrate his resurrected gift for us I think we can give the cross sparkles too!

Almost finally... another layout for the holiday album - just two pages to go and 2009 is done. Result!
This is from another sketch - there was a hop round various blogs with sketches and I snaffled them all without keeping the links. This sketch was so much fun and perfect for the new Cosmo Cricket Delovely papers. Also used Kand CO and MLS letter stickers; heart from Gotta Craft and strategically placed Martha Stewart butterfly and Prima pearl!

And really finally... my Nikki Sivils giveaway goes to ....Becky G at Camellia Cottage. Contact me so that I can send your goodies off soon!

7 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, 25 years in ministry, She will love your card because it is so beautiful. It is very well done.

Your scrapbook layouts are fun too.

Hazel said...

Congratss to Becky G on winning the giveaway. And congrats to your friend, Lythan - the card is perfect for the occasion and for DDCM x

Allison said...

great work Lythan- fab Monkey page
Have a great weekend
AllisonX

Caroline and Jayne said...

love the monkey l/o x
Congrats to the winner of your goodies x
You should come over to www.fiskarettes.co.uk and share some work x

Lynda said...

Your card is beautiful Lythan and just so perfect for the occasion! Absolutely adore the shape and the subtle frosting.

Love Lynda xxx

Janice said...

Wooo mega crafting there Lythan. What a great occasion to mark with your card, 25 years of anything is a major achievement.

Kathy said...

Fabulous LOs and a wonderful "frosty" take on the DCM theme. I love the colours you chose for this - just shows how chilly a yellow colour can look.