Friday, August 13, 2010

Old grey/green eyes is back

Hello.
I've had a break and been on a wonderful 2 week holiday with my family.
I was hoping to come back all bright and bushy tailed and raring to go.
Well not quite.
Although I am happy enough to be back at work, I am still having to force myself to sit down and craft which is a bit sad really.
But I think that it is going to be a gradual return and I have promised myself that being in a crafting rut is perfectly ok.

Here first is a card that I made before I stopped blogging - for the Daring Cardmaker's challenge of three weeks ago - Vanessa's We are sailing.
The paper is all Crate Paper Brook. The hand cut waves and everything are outlined with black Sharpie pen. The little boat and AHOY are PTI Bitty Blessings stamps; the label stamp is Waltzing Mouse and the Happy Birthday is Imagine That. Which I have JUST noticed - 3 1/2 years in, is called imagine that not Imagine That. Imagine that!

I have made a card for this weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge - put together by the lovely Joey. I've put this second as I have realised I just have to give this card to my dad for his birthday as his most used word is "tremendous". And now that my blog posts eventually appear on Facebook (which he reads if he can remember his password) I didn't want it to be the first photo on the blog as that one always features. Anyhoo the theme is, indeed, Tree-mendous and I shall write "Have a tree-mendous birthday" inside. I didn't do it on the outside because, well, I hadn't thought about it until this morning.
Usual large square card. Cosmo Cricket Early Bird paper pad. Plus the blue which is Piggy Tales and the brown which is Crate Paper Pink Plum. And a tiny spot of red Bazzill. Lots of Vintage Photo ink. PTI sentiment stamped in Chestnut Roan ink.

The Crate Paper can be seen in this card which is the first I made on my return to paper crafting
Everything is from Pink Plum even the word which did say "Lovely" and was cut down savagely. Everything apart from the glitter card QK hearts; the glue pen and glamour dust; the nestabilities and the sticky back pearls (the left one was adjusted post photo but the camera battery died at that point and then I posted the card). It is for some special someones on a special day.

More on holidays and attempting to get fit and knitting soon. Adios my friends. Its good to be blogging again

PS I haven't said anything yet about Anice's fabulous new Funky Hand CD Colour Me Happy. Its my fave so far! You'll have missed a live show on Create and Craft this morning but it is repeated at 8pm this the evening and again at 3am on Saturday morning

Create and Craft is on Sky Channel 671, Freeview Channel 36 and on Freesat Channel 813. You can watch via the pc HERE

And I will finally upload my samples soon

7 comments:

Lynda said...

So happy to see you back Lythan - the crafting bug will creep up on you again am sure. To say you're not in the mood though you've made a couple of beauties since you got back lol and I've got to say that the waves on the 1st card are magnificent. Love each and every one of your cards.

Love Lynda xxx

imagine that ... said...

Welcome back! Missed you! And can I just say that if those fab cards are a result of you having to force yourself to craft ... then I hope you continue to force yourself to do so!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

It's lovely to have you back - I've missed your lovely cards!

Loopylou. said...

omgosh lythan they are all so pretty, love them all!! hugs lou x

Kathy said...

I'm so pleased to see you back Lythan - I hope your wonderful crafting mojo comes completely back to you soon - though these cards are so lovely I'm not sure it can really have gone away at all!

Hope you had a great holiday and look forward to some photos and no doubt some wonderful fabberoonie LOs of it too

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Lythan - glad to see you back and hope you had a wonderful holiday. x

Vanessa.

MagsB said...

So glad you've had a good holiday. You have a very difficult job (my Dad was a clergyman so I know it's a 90-hour week. Tough on you _and_ on the family.)

Your cards are lovely and very inspiring (I especially like the tree-mendous one ;))

God bless you

luv, Mags x