Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Meet the new girls

What do you do when your ex battery chooks start eating their eggs?
Its not an easy one to asnwer. we tried all the preventative measures (I say we, I mean Phil) but what with that and laying soft shellers it was getting desperate. In the last few months we have had about 5 eggs. Total.
You can't really eay ex batts and we are non meat eaters anyway.
So....
the three musketeers have gone to live with a vegan. They can live a happy retirement and she doesn't want eggs. How cool is that.
And we have 4 new girls.
They are called
chicken
chicken
chicken
and hen.
Not because they are not worthy of having names. They are.
I fancied Mary, Mungo And and Midge but I am just showing my age. (here are Mary, Mungo and Midge. This is my favourite ever episode. Seriously. When the mouse gets in the.... well I won't spoil it. Plus John Ryan who wrote and illustrated it gave me my Scripture prize at School when I was 6 so I'm practically related).

However, although we can tell them apart while they are all scrawny like, when they are feathered they will all look the same. So no names it is. But hopefully - lots of eggs!

I taught a class at Imagine That on Monday. 5 lovely ladies doing my rather layered cards. Thanks to most of the die cuts being predone and all of them sharing so beautifully, one of them finished ON TIME and the others just after. Its a record! While there I obviously had to buy something - rude not to! I bought some new nesties and a set of stamps by Claudine Hellmuth. There is one lot that are spongy and one that is acrylic so that you can stamp with paint or ink with one and then outline with the other.
Like this

(Crate Paper papers; Martha Stewart punch; Nestabilities dies and Imagine That sentiment)

this (forgot to overstamp and so drew round the bird)

this (managed to salvage an idea that rather went wrong. Also used Personal Impressions stamps; EK Success punch; Stella and Rose papers)
and my favourite using paint
Off to bible Study now. See you Friday!

1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Gorgeous cards Lythan, I love them all! I love the papers and those stamps are fab, I really like the idea of overstamping.