Tuesday, June 14, 2011

That's what friends are for

After my moan fest on friday about my same-y cards, my lovely friend Sue suggested I looked at the Waltzing Mouse sketches. I have some of the fab WM stamps but hadn't found their sketches (I'm only almost a year behind!). They were just what I needed so I had some fun yesterday making cards as per my mum's requests. Every now and then I make them for her card box and its thanks, thinking of you and new baby ones that she seems to need the most!

Apart from this one which I will have to give to someone
This uses the very first sketch WMSC1
Details: Cardstock: Craft creations; Papers: MME Stella and Rose; Stamps: Claudine Hellmuth and Imagine That; Inks: Memento Dewdrops and Black; Nestability dies and Sharpie pen

WMSC7
Details: Cardstock: Craft creations; Papers: MME Stella and Rose; Stamps: PTI; Dies: Spellbinder; Sharpie pen; brads from stash.

And this is why I needed all the Stella and Rose pads - so many gorgous colours. I love all the lemons! There is one paper that is still MME but not from this collection. Can you spot it? (Are you that sad?)

WMSC9
Details: Cardstock: Craft creations; Papers: MME Stella and Rose; Stamps: MME and Imagine That; Dies: Spellbinder; Sharpie pen; Anita's ribbon.

Have you noticed my new favourite card shape? It is an A4 size cut longways so it is a different kind of A6 card that still fits a C6 envelope too.

With the leftovers from that card I made a more centred one
Details: Cardstock: Craft creations; Papers: MME Stella and Rose; Stamps: Imagine That; Dies: Spellbinder; Sharpie pen; brad from stash

And then I thought I ought to try out one of Kathy's sketches. That is the first place I should have looked really as she does some great (and not so samey sketches). I would have put this first only its for my dad and he has a Facebook account and didn't want it to be the first photo
Details: PTI cardstock; MME Lime Twist papers (finally some different ones!); Dies: Spellbinders; Stamps: Banana Frog; Stickers: Making Memories: Brown sharpie pen.

Baker's Twine - is pretend! I have ltos of colours but not brown anymore but I saw a tutorial on Mary Anne's blog and decided to have a go with my not quite so juicy Sharpie. I did the stripes diagonally which helps I think.

And finally ... Carys had a proper hair cut on Friday. She has not had one for years but (although I am not quite convinced as yet as it is a dream come true) we are finally nit free! (I will say no more on that subject except gah! I hate the little b*****s and I truly believe they prefer some heads to others). C has had to have occasional trims which meant the back was not at all straight. At least the curls meant you couldn't quite tell! But my lovely, lovely hairdresser Julie did an amazing job on Friday and it swooshes now!

8 comments:

SueH said...

I’m glad you found the templates useful Lythan, the cards you’ve made are fab!

I can’t believe how much Cary’s has grown up in the years since I’ve known her, she was just a little girl then but now she a young lady and one you can be very proud of.

Loving her hair too!

Sue
x

Lynda said...

Wow Carys has the most amazing hair - LOVE the colour and the curls. Beautiful! Now onto your amazing cards too - love every single one of them, they're so colourful.

Love Lynda xxx

Jo said...

They are all fantastic cards (and your cards are anything but boring!)

Love the piccies of Carys - and yes we have one nit attractant and one nit repellant in this house too! (I still refuse to get rid of his longer locks though!

j x

Kathy said...

These cards are all fabulous - I just love those papers!
Thanks for using the June sketch too
Carys's hair is looking gorgeous!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Carys' hair is beautiful! I love your cards, the papers are great and I love the way you add something extra to your cards with a pen, it really makes them stand out. I've only recently started using sketches myself and find they really help, in fact I'm using some sketches for my next cardmaking class.

Sue said...

Wow gorgeous cards love the flowers

And how pretty is Carys She is really stunning they grow up so fast

Rika said...

Stunning cards Lythan!

Jackie said...

Your cards are gorgeous as always Lythan. Thanks for playing with Kathy's sketch.

Carys is absolutely gorgeous but what happened to your little girl? :) We are also nit free now that my youngest has left school (yipee!)