Friday, June 10, 2011

Same old, same old

I think having the new people on the Daring Cardmakers team has meant everyone has upped their game - there are some wonderful cards this week, even though for some of us the Dare was a little challenging. (The count down to Christmas doesn't start until after my birthday I'll have you know which is just 4 days from being exactly 6 months from Christmas which is about as perfect a date as a birthday can be in my opinion, especially as I get to share it with my lovely daughter)Link
BUT
my cards now feel very samey, very blah and I need some extra inspiration.
For someone whose life is asymmetrical and unbalanced my cards seem to be very much the opposite.
Sulk.
So if you know of any great card sketches that feature off centred designs then do let me know. I need the extra input.

Which rather links to the other main event in my life this week. This Sunday it is Pentecost - when we celebrate the coming of the Holy Spirit to the people of God. For those crafters amongst you the best way to describe the Holy Spirit is as the "mojo" of faith. (For non crafty people this is not the same as Austin Powers mojo, at least as far as I am aware). The Spirit enlivens, challenges, teaches, pushes our boundaries and enables us to fulfil our potential - when we are prepared to listen.

I need that boost right now. I need to be reminded that in faith I can do incredible things and to be awake to what God is doing through others as well. I need the Spirit's help with decisions I need to make, attitudes I have and energy levels that flag.
And if it doesn't seem too trivial, a bit of new crafting inspiration wouldn't go amiss either!
(Lets hope I can put some of this across on Sunday morning.)

Back to my Daring Card for the week. A card featuring Father Christmas
Here it is in all its centred with a background of patterned paper (yawn) glory.

Details: Cardstock: Craft Creations; Papers: Cosmo Cricket Mitten Weather; Dies: Nestabilities and Quikutz (stockings as boots); Stickers: Cosmo Cricket; Pen: Sharpie; other: black thread and pink star from stash

Have a great Pentecost weekend!

7 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Lythan you are being too hard on yourself - your cards are FAR from samey and I think you always come up with great designs. Love your Santa card, those booties are so cute. I'm quite tempted after looking at your recent cards to get some of those nesties, they look great.

Kathy said...

This is soooo cute!
And not at all samey - I think maybe you should take a look back over your blog to see the variety of cards you do!

Dolly Mixtures said...

You write so eloquently Lythan - I was touched and amused by your deliberations over crafting mojo. We are always our own worst critics - like Kathy says, you have a huge variety of cards on your blog. Love your unique perpective on Santa this week - cute little boots!

Oscar said...

Oh Lythan, your cards are definately not samey and are always gorgeous.

I love your FC card and that you've gone against using the traditional green and red and opted for pink x

Lynda said...

I'm a bit in the symmetrical rut myself lol but it doesn't matter one bit when your card turns out as fab as this - don't knock it Lythan it's great!

Love Lynda xxx

Zuzana Obert said...

Oh, I love nestabillities - especially on your Xmas card :0) Lythan that is fabulous work!

Zuz. x x

Jo said...

See comment above! Nothing boring about your cards. Ever. Love the boots - a clever way of avoiding an actual Father Christmas in June :D

jo x