Wednesday, August 03, 2011

(Don't) take a letter Miss Jones

This week I am mostly on study leave. Which means doing the qualitative research section of my dissertation. aka interviewing people, recording them and then transcribing the recording. Phew that is hard! I have realised although i can type quite fast I really can't keep up with interview speed AT ALL. Thank goodness for my digital recorder.

(BTW I think I have discovered another question for the "Are you a real grown up" quiz. does the word "Dictaphone" make you snigger? If yes, you are still not a real grown up. Guess what my answer was?)

Two people who are obviously grown up enough to do a bike ride for charity are the two Dom's who are raising money for Kids Company - a charity supported especially by my dear friends Sue and Nicki, amongst others. Do have a look at the website about the bike ride here

I'm playing catch up with some crafting this week as well. here are two layouts I made earlier.
My nephew loves his dad so much as this layout describes!
Jack was born 3 months premature - you can't tell now can you? Its amazing what science and prayer can do! The conversation took place at the end of the day when Jack was on his dad's knee and he turned and looked at him with such devotion. So sweet!
For the layout I basically raided my scraps of paper file to find things that I thought toned together which I punched, die cut and layered. I added the guitar charm as Martin plays in a band.

The other layout is also Jack related.
and uses lots of October Afternoon papers and stickers and letters with a little misting and sploshing of inks as well.
There are yet more wedding related pages to be revealed I'm sure you are thrilled to know. But it is a great way of recording memories and keeping me out of trouble.

Right can't put off the transcribing any longer. It has been fascinating so far to ask people questions and reflect on their answers. And realise that I was quite possibly wrong in my assumptions about team Minstry, leadership and authority. Well its is good to be humbled from time to time...

2 comments:

SueH said...

Guess I have some growing up to do then Lythan!
Lovely LO’s as always but I especially love the Strawberry one, those photos are gems.

I hope work doesn’t bog you down too much and find time to play.

Love
Sue
x

Natty said...

Someone is rocking the OA this week! Fab layouts Lythan, but I love what you've done with the second page. I love those OA papers but totally strugle to use them together. Thanks for the inspiration!