Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Just like buses

or Tuesday is the new Friday.
This really is just about the first chance I have had to sit down and blog. I thought I would have some time on Friday - but no. I had even set a page up but didn't have time to fill in the gaps.

We have had visitors.
We had three lots coming and going on Saturday!
Which is really, really lovely. We are enjoying catching up with friends and family and sharing the beautiful place we live with them. Doing some things we haven't before. But the combination of that and work hasn't left much time for anything else.

When I have a chance to craft again some of the adventures we have had will be revealed. But as I have the Florence album to finish and the Cornwall album to start it may be sometime. Still memories are captured and can never go away.

So here is last Fridays Daring card. Zuzana found the most beautiful inspiration image for us




and this is my effort
I used some MME doily border stamps and white embossing powder on some VERY old Piggy Tales scrapbooking paper. It looks like Wedgewood pottery in real life (she says fancifully)
I stamped my brand new Clearly Besotted poppy stamps onto watercolour paper and embossed and die cut them. I used pink distress ink to colour in the flowers. The leaves were stamped with two green distress ink and all were cut out using the co-ordinating dies. I mounted the flowers onto white dry embossed cardstock and that was matted on some white paper which I had coloured with the pink Distress ink to match. White opal liquid pearls and another new CB stamp finished it off.

Two more cards made recently - both as a "use-up" after creating a layout (which will eventually feature!)

Mostly MME papers; various dies from Spellbinders and Dienamics and a Paper Smooches sentiment

A Simple Stories card - which also uses three different sentiment stamps to make the pun. There is some Wink of Stella shimmer action going on with the cherries if you look close up.



Life continues to be busy round here - but I wouldn't have it any other way (well except for the lack of blogging and crafting time but that will come again I am sure!)

1 comment:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love your card, it's so pretty and feminine - and your 'use up' cards are gorgeous too - I really love the papers.