Friday, August 23, 2013

Things can only get better

Reasons to be cheerful:
  • The sun is still shining (mostly) this summer and Torbay looks beautiful
  • Although H didn't get the job that he applied for last week he was very philosophical about it and has several other irons in the fire
  • I have recieved the latest Quirky Kit to play with and it is awesome.
  • I get to see some of my favourite people this week. They keep me balanced (well as balanced as I am ever going to get)
  • tonight is Buff-fest. Sadly we are on series 7 and every episode is bittersweet as we get nearer the end. But I've never watched this series and apart from someone accidentally giving away a major plot point I have no idea what happens. (Not quite as bad as the poor woman who had made friends with someone else on the Ferry to france who she had spotted reading a Harry Potter book, thought it was the one after and gave away a mahoosive spoiler. When she realised what she had done she spent the last 30 minutes of the ferry crossing apologising....)
  • After the last card debacle I am pleased to say that this one came together in no time

Kathy chose our Daring Cardmaker theme this week - Just Beachy  and as I live VERY close to the beach (10 mins including the steep hill/Cliff Railway) I had to join in. There was only one key focus for me - something that made the beach awesome for my lovely great-nephew Max
 (Yes ok, so our beach has this rather disappointing red claggy sand. But it is still a beach with sand, right?) 

A bucket and spade! These were cut on my Cameo using bought shapes that I have had for a while and never used. I inked the edges to give shadow and also went round with a black Sharpie for extra definition. The yellow paper is from a Fancy Pants 6x6 pad (park bench); the red and yellow spot is American Crafts Lucky Charm and the zigzag is from  Fancy Pants Wonderful Day. The sentiment is Paper Smooches (one of my most used as I am sure you are aware) stamped onto a Dienamics die cut. The last touch is some enamel dots. I had a few of these dots in colours that make me go "meh" so I covered them with black Sharpie and they are much more useable for me.

The bucket and spade are on foam pads as you can see better here
As I live in said beach resort it is better to stay at home than try to travel anywhere so that is what I am doing this weekend. If you are travelling have a fun and safe Bank Holiday weekend. And if you are in Brixham this Sunday why not come to Brixham United Reformed Church at 10:30 am (its just up from the cross roads where the traffic lights are). I'll be the short one at the front.

2 comments:

Miri said...

Beach is beach ... no matter how the sand looks like =)
Nice card! I'm glad that it wasn't as stressful for you as last week.

Kathy said...

I love this wonderful bright and cheerful card - it's just perfect for fun in the sun. Great beach photo too. It's far too long since I laid eyes on the sea....