Friday, June 13, 2014

Bon Voyage

Well I hope that by the time you read this I will be somewhere that is not home and hopefully where I shoud be at that stage in the proceedings.
I am taking some watercolour pencils and dye paint in a small palette with me but that is all the crafting stuff I will have available. I am supposed to be focussing on the outer journey of travelling to new places and the inner journey of travelling nearer to God. Lets hope it all works ok....
When days are like today I do question why I am going anywhere

(less than 5 minutes walk from our house)

Still it is all about learning and growing and being challenged.
Funnily enough I was on the Downs there reading a spiritual book and trying an exercise called "Palms down, palms up". You first pray silently, with palms down, asking God to take away pressures, anxieties etc. I shared my nervousness about my journey and into my head came the realisation that I had not downloaded the details for my overnight stay in Aberdeen. I quickly wrote a note on my palm up and said a big thank you. (Especially as I would have been looking for a Travelodge and not a Premier Inn...)

This being Friday it is a Daring Cardmakers day. The lovely Beckie gave us quite a challenge: Man oh man -
'Make a shaped card with a male theme ...
there must be a 2 and a 1 on it'
"Man oh man" I said. Having already made - and delivered my Father's Day card for this year I went for a male birthday card. I had a feeling that I still had an Echo Park Times and Seasons sticker sheet somewhere that would go with the Authentique paper pad I had already begun to cut up. Amazingly there was a sticker with a 2 and a 1 on it. So that went onto the card
I made a shaped card using nestability Label dies, simply folding and sticking the back panel to the front. I die cut the papers to match the shapes. The red panel is lifted up with foam dots, as is the cute moustache. "Celebrate" is from the Little B Block Out set that I bought at a craft show in Taunton last week. I cut it from cream and green card and then stuck the cream letters into the green panel which also had its corners rounded.

I've been busy playing with the latest Quirky Kits. 
I think this is my most favouritest one ever. Although I have a feeling I say that every time!
Here are the three layouts that are up on the blog so far - go and have a look there for the details

 I'm still deciding if I will take my Netbook - if not I will see you in just under 2 weeks :)

No comments: