Some things don't help.
Like the letter yesterday about the fact that my pension will be frozen as I am changing employer. Seeing that written down made it seem more real.
Then I realised that I only have 4 more services left in each of my current churches.
And my DBS clearance hasn't come through yet and I can't move without it, but I have had to give notice and
Lets just put our trust in God. (But please, police, do my application next)
And perhaps focussing on crafting would be better.
I still haven't blogged last weeks card and it was my turn and everything.
I chose "Buddha's birthday" as a theme, suggesting that people could go all oriental. I did it in the simplest fashion
The background is also diecut - a stitched rectangle and as this was watercolour paper I was able to use some different blue and purple paint colours (the Gambai set) that were blended together and spritzed with a perfect pearls wash.
The sentiment was cut out three times and stuck together.
By this time the background was dry so I was able to put everything together. Some of my cherry blossoms were raised on foam pads and all of them had a little dot of Daffodil stickles in the middle
I've been trying to clear out some of my stash before the move. I'm not being too ruthless yet as I will be working with at least one school who might be grateful for cast offs. I threw out a lot of random die cuts that I had been sent with purchases and never used but I did find a massive word which I decided to hang onto. Lo and behold it turned out to be just the thing I needed for this week's dare which is all about using primary colours.
Yes, I did use watercolour paper, thanks for asking
but no, it isn't pen or palette - this time the colour comes from a rather lovely watercolour dye ink set I have had for about 8 years. Oh I have just found it online here. The colours are really vibrant and I still adore it
On this card I just used the yellow, red and blue, allowing them to run a little bit. I then die cut the stiched square and attached the sentiment on top with foam squares. I decided the little red gem would be a nice finishing touch but probably means the card will have to be hand delivered!
I was on a roll so I made another card, this time allowing the background colours to blend and create others. I also used a brand new WPlus9 rose die set on the top.
the blue ink came up a lot brighter than it was when I stamped the sentiment - but I think it works better than black would have. (I know, I'm surprised I said that too)
I've made a few other cards this week in what Phil likes to call "old lady style". I couldn't resist buying some more WPlus9 flower stamps and they are a joy to colour combined with those Kuretake Clean Colour pens
You can't really see the Wink of Stella but it is there
all shimmery and lovely