Friday, October 21, 2011

Sometimes you just have to listen

I took a whole week off from running until the first knee stopped hurting and the one that had come out in sympathy was only twinging. I am redoing week 5 and did 2 8 minute runs without being in agony. Moral of the story is - if your body is crying out then you need to stop and listen.
Hmmm there is a sermon in there.
There is a sermon in most things though I find.
Its called theological reflection. (if you want to be posh) or "What is God saying to us through this" (less posh). (more me)

I had seen that Shimelle is doing a new scrap class and I ummed and aahed because I do not have the time or the energy but it is all about patterned paper and I love patterned paper (strange but true). While I dithered I entered a draw for a free place with the extremely talented SJ and won it. So that answered that one. And what a fab class Pretty Paper Party is. I have even managed to squeeze in time for two layouts in 2 days which is unbeleivable in many ways.
This is for the first prompt. All the papers are Crate Paper via a Gottacraft Kit. I thought that the numbers paper worked well when thinking about the monks prayer life which goes on a 24 hour cycle. The chapel is so plain but that fresh green at the back is the perfect colour. we were only allowed on the balcony which is quite high and opaque so sitting down you can't see the monks at prayer at all, only hear them. There were about 10 children on the balcony who were completely still during the time of prayer - which was a thing of beauty in itself. Still felt a bit odd to be an "observer" though.

Details: Journalling spots Chatterbox and Little Musings; ricrac and flower from stash; Letters Papermania; white dots Ranger Enamel Accents

The other layout I finished is from my Dad's 80th birthday meal

Phil was keeping us entertained as ever (food good, service slow). This is not a truly 12x12 layout as someone cut too much off the bottom along with the manufacturer strip... It uses a sketch from the class with some extra circles
Details: Papers: Cosmo Cricket: Circa 1934 and odds and Ends, Theresa Collins, MME,the black dot paper is a Christmas one that I can't remember; Letters: Websters Pages, Cosmo Cricket, American Crafts; Stickers: Paperchase, Jenni Bowlin; wodden embellishment, buttons and heart from stash; Glimmer Mist: black and gold


I am doing a stint at our contact centre in the morning. It can be quite tough but it is important that children get to see their parents. I am on the way with the service for Sunday so may be able to squeeze in a bit more play time if possible!


2 comments:

SueH said...

I’m pleased to hear that your rest has done the trick with your knees Lythan because I know from experience how painful knee problems can be.

Congrats on winning the free place on the scrapbooking class too, not that you need help with scrapbooking because you’ve LO’s are always beautiful. Loving Phil’s headwear, Lol!

Happy Crafting!
Sue
x

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Glad to hear your knees are better. Love your layouts - and how fabulous to have won a place on the workshop - that's a good thing if it gives you an excuse to have some time to yourself doing what you love xx