Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Direct to card stamping is scary

but I am trying to overcome my nerves. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but you can usually find a way to cover it up I find. Here is a card where I was semi brave - helped by the confidence I have in Clearly Besotted stamps (NB I don't get paid to praise them, I just think the stamps are fab!)

The gingham square was stamped directly to the cardstock using Hero Arts navy blue ink. I had to order it from Simon Says Stamp as I couldn't find a UK stockist. It is fabulous.
The butterfly was stamped using two stamps by CB - an outline in the blue and a fill in using a Memento ink pad. The leaf was another Memento one.
I used the complementary dies to cut them out. This can be scary too but I took a tip from Michelle Short with regard to the butterfly - I reccomend her tutorial here. Actually I die cut the leaf shape first as it was pretty easy to line up.

Then I added a Papertrey Ink sentiment and two kinds of Liquid pearls as accents. I think it took longer to write this all out and find the links than it did to make the card. I do love all the white space!

1 comment:

MagsB said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous design!

love Mags B x