Saturday, May 04, 2013

I've got a Silhouette and I know how to use it

Well I don't really.
So far I have learned how to buy images, resize them, cut and paste and move them about a bit. I know there is so much  more I can do.
But I spent a happy morning on Monday printing out loads of bits for cards and gradually putting them together. They suit my favourite graphic style for cards I think.
Having enjoyed Julie Kirk's Push-Up-Bra-Approach-to-Blogging (you have to say it without stopping otherwise I sound like a perve) which suggests a little and often method to blogging I am trying it out.
aka
a few short and sweet card based blog posts on their way

These two cards were made by resizing cards meant for Project Life.
(Which I will not be doing as my life is both too busy and too repetitive and also fairly confidential and definately boring)
I backed the holes with various MME 6x6 patterned papers, outlined everything with  black sharpie pen; used one of my favourite Imagine That sentiment stamps; die cut a Dienamics tag and added some stick on gems in the way that everyone else has started doing and I think looks lovely so am blatantly copying. If you think you were the first to start the trend do let me know and I will name you :) Where did the star come from you ask?
It popped out of here! 
(Yes they were a set of stars and stripes Project Life cards used in a totally different way)
Same scenario as before really except that there was no outlining and the frame was popped up using foam pads. Different Dienamics die, same stamp.

Oh yes, just because I have a Silhouette, doesn't mean I am out of love with my Cuttlebug. To my surprise it is still going a year on since I noticed the crack in it. Every now and then when I turn the handle it makes like a clown car and all the parts start falling off. But I bang them back together and they all do their job again!

1 comment:

airing cupboard crafts said...

Ohhhhh I love your cards the colours just pop!! X