Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm easy

when it comes to cardmaking.
Obviously.
I wasn't sure I would be able to do a Daring card this week - and am still not sure I'll manage the Get Funky card in time for the deadline of - tomorrow - but I'll give it a go. So in order to make sure I had something for today I went for the basic option as this week the dare is
Easel Does it
This weeks challenge is to make an easel card. There's a big clue in the title, huh?
They are so very popular at the moment but I'm hoping at least some of you will be up for my extra "sting in the tail" to this Dare - I don't want it to be too easy, you know....what I'd really love is to see what type of shape (other than a square) you can come up with using the basic Easel card idea.

I had never made one before... and they are easy - once you know how. (Google is your friend on this one). So I might try a shaped one over the weekend. In my attempt to use up old papers I... used old papers. These are Piggy Tales Gretel. I do love the clean graphic patterns of these papers - even though I grunged them up! And I sensibly chose the papers and THEN coloured the image.
The stamp is a Sugar Nellie one. I don't often break out my image stamps. Is that because it took me at least 30 minutes to do this much colouring with Prismacolour pencils and I could have done more? I used the Copics trick of adding a grey outline and like that a lot. I added some white gel pen accents. Everything is smothered in PUmice Stone Distress Ink.
Also featuring - printed twill ribbon (from a kit which I haven't used so spent a while trying to tie it so the writing doesn't show!); a Papertrey ink border scallop die; Nesties 8 dies; White Opal liquid pearls; Prima pearl; antique pin.
And on the inside...
A Papertrey ink die and stamp; Imagine That stamp, paper flower.
And that is it.

Oh, and essay done. Just squeezed in under 6,000 words and with 9 Appendices.
Tired now.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Fabulous card Lythan, love the colouring - matches those fabby papers perfectly, and good news on the essay, you deserve a rest now. :)xx

Anonymous said...

truly beautiful...adore the mix of papers and the LO.Thanks for taking the time to take part...its much appreciated.

Lynda said...

It's gorgeous Lythan, fab papers and I do love that little girl image - she's very sweet.

Love Lynda xxx

Tip Top said...

You are one up on me - never made an easel card yet. I will do, but when its 2 years out of style...!!

I like the grey shadows too!

Kathy said...

Firstly - well done on getting that essay done - one less thing on the to-do list is good - especially a biggie like that!

Your card is just so sweet. Seeing images like this on your cards is so different from your usual style and proves what a great crafter you are.
I love those papers, for some reason I always forget to check out the Piggy Tales ranges, so I've only got a couple in my stash. note to self: rectify omission!

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous and pretty card Lythan. :)

Well done on the essay - now put your feet up.