Monday, July 04, 2011

Bringing up the rear

that was always true of me in school sports and rien ne change pas (as I think they say in France) as I am last AGAIN with my Daring Card this week.
but I have been keeping busy with birthdays (thanks to those who sent greetings and cards), trips to the Wizard of Oz to celebrate the double birthdays (Carys is 15!!!!) work, loading up my new Kindle, work, a successful choir concert and work.

So here is the card. As it is now July (eeek) the theme was the flower of the month at Daring Cardmakers which for July is Larkspur or Water lily. I looked up Larkspur and saw one that looked a bit like this

Link
Details:
Card: Craft Creations; Paper: MME Lime Twist; Dies: Nestabilities and PTI (scallop); Embossing folder: Cuttlebug; Punch: Stamping Up; Stamps: Imagine That; Distress Ink: Pumice Stone, Ranger; other tools: white Ranger enamel accents, white pen and green thread


Here are two layouts I managed to do last week
This one uses some VERY old Basic Grey paper. They are the sort of colours that Alison liked given the Lythan treatment (aka the black pen). I can't believe it is almost three months since she died. I haven't done much scrapping lately, I think because I had put the bits to do this page ready and couldn't bring myself to make it for a while. I'm glad I did though.
Details: Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper, letters and tags: Basic Grey Lily Kate; Pebbles: Prima; Chipboard: Cosmo Cricket; Punches: Martha Stewart; black pen and word pebble from stash.

And one that was much quicker in the making...
based on Pencil Lines sketch 243
Details: Papers: MME Lost and Found, Pink Paislee, Lily Bee; Die Cut: Lily Bee; Crown: Grungeboard coloured with gold Dabber; Bird: Pink Paislee; stick on brads: Imagine That; ribbon: Scrap Revolution; stickers: Adornit; stamps: Banana Frog

I'm hoping to do some scrapping in the few hours I have before Movie Night time. (Its the Social Network. We all loved the last film - the A team but the one before that Death at a Funeral - we had to switch off before it finished as we all hated it). Trouble is it is so warm in the conservatory that I can't stay in for long. (never happy are we?)

It'll be a mixed week of work and fun this week as my sister in law and her partner Terry arrive from Canada. We are the first stop on their visit Britain/get married/have honeymoon holiday and it is so exciting. Would you believe it though, Terry would love to see a football game (he is a sports journo) and this is the only 5 minutes there are when there is no football to be had!

1 comment:

SueH said...

There’s no doubt that Carys is growing up fast, can’t believe she’s 15 already. Sounds like you both had a fab day out at the theatre, I’ve heard that the Wizard of Oz is a great show. I’m off to the theatre myself this afternoon to see The Jersey Boys and can’t wait to hear all those ‘old’ familiar songs.

Beautiful card and Lo’s, I especially love the Larkspur card, it’s very pretty and I love the colours on it.

Sue
x