Friday, July 22, 2011

Wish I was there again

The wedding was amazing. Such a fantastic day that I wish I could do it all over again. Almost everything was perfect - apart from Matt and Max being back in Canada obviously. The sun shone in the afternoon - I reckon it was about the only part of the UK where that happened! Everybody scrubbed up well. The bride and groom were so, so happy. And so were we. I'm afraid you can expect to be bored rigid by photos and layouts in the next few weeks as I try and capture some of the day!

Here is one of my family and we are all smiling (Phil is smiling not eating Carys' head thing!)
(We don't know what the stuff on the bottom of the photo is. I reckon it is our angelic aura but Phil says no)
I've already done one page - where I just tried to write down as much as I could of the little details of the day and using the lovely confetti photo from above. You can tell Carys is a Nevard in that photo - she looks like she could be Terry and Erica's daughter I think!
Here is a close up of the writing. Still not that clear but I'm not typing it all out!
Details: Patterned Paper: Basic Grey, Prima, Pink Paislee; Paints: Glimmer Mists; Sticker: Prima; Pens: Sharpie and Wilkinsons; Letters: American Crafts Thickers and Adornit stickers; Stamps: Imagine That; Ink: Versamagic

The words "these are" are done with some of Imagine That's new stamps which you will be seeing A LOT as I love them so. This layout is a sample for a class featuring another wonderful new set as well - number one
Details: Cardstock: Bazzil; Papers: Prima (actually only one double sided); Punches: Martha Stewart; Embossing folder: Cuttlebug; Dies: Nestabilities; Inks: Distress Ink, Memento, Versamark; Other: Black pens, embossing powder and heat gun, foam pads.

And here is my Daring Cardmakers card for this week: the theme is "Wish you were here" and I remembered that I still had some Mr Campy stickers left so made use of that Cosmo Cricket set of papers as well.
I'm not sure if I will keep this sentiment on - I don't usually send "wish you were here" cards but I don't know what else to have either - "Good luck with your move"?
The colour balance is off as well. It is a cream card base rather than slightly green. serves me right for another last minute photograph.
Other details: Cardstock: Craft creations; Stamps: Waltzing Mouse and Imagine That; Dies: Nestabilities; Pen: Sharpie; Dies: Nestabilities; Gems from stash.

I've had quite a full week this week with meetings and planning things. I'm starting to get to grips with next years preaching calendar which means finding out the school holidays for 2012-2013! I had a wonderful 24 hours with my amazing mutual support crew. I'm getting ready for the service to celebrate becoming a group of 5 churches and being part of a team ministry with Phil and Martin.

And I took a funeral for a lovely man I didn't know called Vic. Vic made violins and one his creations (number 7!) was played beautifully at various points during the funeral.
His nephew read "The Old Violin" as part of the tribute - which I now discover is called The Touch of the Masters Hand. I want to use it in the morning services where there are lots of short parable stories that Jesus tells, like the pearl of great price.
Its kind of the opposite meaning - in the parables the man recognises the value of the pearl and gives up everything else to have it. And in the poem the worth of the violin is not recognised until it is used. But the link is there somewhere. Just need to work on it a little more I think!

7 comments:

Lynda said...

All that beautiful handwriting looks part of the backing papers - it blends in beautifully and it's so neat! Your card is fab as always, love the stickers and those very 'countryside' papers.

Love Lynda xxx

SueH said...

I’m so glad that the wedding went well after all the upset of Max and Natt being sent straight back to Canada.
I know that airports need regulations but just sometimes you wish here was someone in charge who can show a bit of compassion don’t you.

The photos are beautiful, especially the one of you all together and the LO is great. From your journaling, it sounds like you all had a wonderful time and it was a day to remember.

Beautiful card too!
See you on Monday
Love
Sue
x

Dolly Mixtures said...

What a happy looking couple and your family photo is great - doesn't your daughter look lovely. Mr campy is fantastic for this challenge.Love the retro feel to the car and caravan and all the woody outdoorsy looking papers.

Rika said...

Wonderful photos & LO!

your card is g reat!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Wonderful photos, and your layout is amazing. Love your little caravan, very cute and I love the colours.

Oscar said...

Your layout is gorgeous and your handwriting looks almost printed, its lovely. Gorgeous card too x

purple_pea_fran said...

Agree with everyone else - your handwriting is fab and looks so good in those projects. Very cute card, love the 'campy' colours.

Fran x