Friday, August 10, 2012

I'm telling you to get knotted!

in the nicest possible way.
It is my turn to set the Dare on Daring Cardmakers this week and I chose the theme of knots - any way you like it!

The girls have come up trumps and I think the blog looks fab. I made two cards as a far few people are away at the mo'. One of them explains why I am so late in blogging today...
I've been conducting a wedding today. The bride was slightly late - I think because of the horse and carriage. And then there was a pause while she was wired for sound. Because the wedding was being recorded for a Channel 4 show about a certain Torquay hotel... (not Fawlty Towers although the inspiration for that is just down the road from me). I think if anything there will be 20 seconds shown of the church - but tis the first (and I suspect last) time I have ever had to wear 2 mikes for a service (church speakers and tv recording equipment). I used the wedding at Cana where a reception goes wrong and Jesus saves the day. Lets hope the reception goes without a hitch this afternoon and evening....

The papers I used for this card are actually Basic Grey Christmas ones. The groom is welsh and I knew that the colours were from the Welsh flag so the papers were perfect. I had no end of trouble getting a photo though. There is loads of sparkle on the front and when I snapped it yesterday afternoon it just came out cold and blue. These photos were taken late at night and are a little better with the flash! The middle section is raised on foam pads as I wasn't posting the card. I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder; Imagine That stamp; nestabilities dies and Papertrey ink ribbon; ooh and Glamour Dust and red glitter.

As the pad was out I used the same set for my dads birthday card. I paper pieced some ties.
"dad" is using a Dienamic alphabet set and the green ribbon was from the Craft Barn. Everything else is about the same as the last card - oh apart from the Meiflower red gems.

Life is still very hectic for a whole host of reasons at the moment but that is ok. I had a 45 minute break today so persuaded Carys to come with me to the beach to sit and have an icecream. Can't be bad eh?

1 comment:

MagsB said...

Just beautiful. Such lovely colours and papers and designs!

love Mags B x