Saturday, May 05, 2007

Some more of my stuff

This time it is the scrap pages I have been doing.
I also taught a class at Imagine That which was brilliant fun (squeezed in between a school assembly and a service at a nursing home followed later by a baptism visit). Still need to work on my timings though. This was a clipboard class using Basic Grey Phoebe papers and some bazzill bling. (The other) Emma (hmmm must ask for their surnames...) designed it and it cleverly teaches using loads of patterns together, alcohol inks and painting with pigment powders all in one class!

As to my layouts
I think this layout is still a work in progress.
My mum still has all my childhood photos but she found a few doubles. Including this one. Of all the pictures to have two of... Although as the journalling says "its not a terrible photo. i really did look like that. The hair. the teeth. the glasses. the dress. the 70's"
The idea was to make everything else look rich and gorgeous with that ugly mug there in the middle (well the side) so i think it is going to need some more bling put on it. Any suggestions?

Credits:
  • Basic grey Urban couture (still love it so) Don't you think the stripe echoes the one on my "lovely" dress pretty well?
  • banana frog stamps
  • some ribbon from an SA kit.
  • Auntie Sarah's bloomers plus one from Dunelm and one from the may SA kit painted with Blonde Moments pigment powder
  • "go" is BG letters covered in Jo Sonja opal dust
  • "on then" letter stickers from stash (7 gypsies?)
  • "laugh" are qvc chipboard box letters painted with pigment powders and opal dust
  • gems coloured with alcohol ink
  • journalling spot is a purple onion stamp.
Phew if I add anything to it, 'twill be the longest credit list I have ever done!

this one is much simpler
(for some reason i only took one photo and didn't straighten the page. Doh!)
Bazzill card stock and Piggy Tales papers from Imagine That. The ready covered chipboard letters were a bit of a luxury - but they are so substantial and well made (may cut up what is left or use it for stencilling as the letters are so clear) I cut up a sheet that already had circles on and then punched circles out of 2 others. All are double sided so you get these gorgeous toning palin shades too. Then I realised that I could use all the middles of letters as well so there are chipboard circles for extra dimension. all inked and gone round with black pen for extra "pop"

And finally...
I entered Kirsty Wiseman's competition to scrap your hands. Nearly copped out because I am not very good with competitions. But I am pleased with the end result as a page for my scrapbook so that is the whole point really! (although the prizes look tempting!) the results aren't out yet but I am pretty sure who is going to win. Plus people on UKScrappers have already shown theirs - so here is mine.
  • bazzill card stock (love this white stripey one)
  • BG lollipoppe shoppe
  • junkitz flowerful
  • Provocraft itty bitty pad scrap (now there's a paper name quote you won't have heard for a while) (incidentally I have loads of papers. these are some of my fave colours so why only 3 pieces of paper that went anywhere near going together?
  • anita's acrylic paints
  • Ranger alcohol inks
  • Ranger paint daubers
  • Heidi swapp (so called) self adhesive letters
  • letter stickers from April SA kit
  • prima flowers
  • acetate/brads/gems/black marker pen
NB: do not attempt to paint your hand with dauber inks and then stamp it on a page becasue they dry too fast. even wetting with water does not help and it is then a b****r to wash off. Bottom layer was hands done with less dense paint!. then I alcohol ink and paint daubed layers of acetate. I then cut round a template of my hands and attached the layers with brads. You can "peel back" the layers to read what it says about my hands and me on the different layers
And this is what it says
Top layer: These hands hold my children when they are sad or ill
These hands break bread and pour wine at communion
Layer 2: These hands fill up the washing machine and fold clean clothes
These hands hold people in prayer and in greeting
Layer 3: These hands tap endlessly on computer keys
These hands fiddle with my hair constantly and end up in my mouth as I bite my nails
Layer 4: These hands lovingly caress my husband
These hands create art with paper, ink and glue
Layer 5: These hands no longer itch to do so far not succumbed to damage
And hope that they never will
These hands still hope that God has a purpose for them and that it involves creativity

Now i have services to prepare, a card making class to lead at church, Dr who and Casualty to watch, a full days work tomorrow. And lots of scrapping ideas in my head. One of which my DH is very much looking forward to helping me with!
Have a good bank holiday weekend
and don't forget there is a Prize Draw on the DCM blog this week!

8 comments:

Scripture by Design said...

Lythan, I simply love that photo of you! Such innocence there that we don't often see these days! Thanks for being brave enough to share!!

Dollydimps said...

I think your mum and mine must have shopped in the same shops! Good on you being brave enough to scrap it-you're cute in a "goofy" sort of a way in that pic....I still think you're fab though!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Some fab layouts here Lythan - I love the layout with the photo of you when younger - wicked!

Sarah said...

Ooh Lythan I had a dress just like that! But I think my purple flares were my favourite! Great LO's I love them all.
Thanks for the bit of nostalgia.

Lynne said...

Thats a fab photo in your first LO ... not many people have a school photo they like.

Your hands LO is amazing, love the layers, good luck in the comp.

Net said...

Oh the joy of school photos!

A super photo!

Gillian said...

Lythan your Hands LO is UNBELIEVABLE!!! the journaling is incredibly moving... and just goes to show what an amazing person God has created you to be!

Kathy said...

All these Los are fantastic - the hands one is just soooo clever.

You know, Carys looks so like you did when you were little - you should do a LO with pics of you both at the same age on, I reckon