in terms of scrappy sketches.
Well both these layouts are new but the show and tell for one of them has ended so won't be linked anywhere but here.
Not sure that makes sense - I blame the wind that is tearing round Torbay and has destroyed all the shops down at our beach.
Anyway, here is Scrapfriends current sketch
I decided to add some mud to the layout with some brown ink and a Kaisercraft splatter backgound stamp. The background paper (All are from the 7 Dots Studio Messy Head collection) was already lovely and distressed but I added more with the stamps and Distress ink and some purple mist. I misted some of the paper as well to add to the purple focus. When I bought my coat I didn't think about how much it would appear in my photos and how difficult purple is to scrap with....
The little hearts are die cuts with the Messy Head collection pack and the large ones were cut with Clearly Besotted heart dies. The leaf die is CB as well
I added some paper from a book - it recounts the tale of Ruth but I haven't actually cut up a Bible. The photo also has a layer of vellum behind it. More vellum was embossed and added to the top and bottom of the paper, along with a strip cut from the main paper when I reduced it in size. The very back paper is from Crate Paper. The finishing touches were some feathers (possibly added to cover a glue fiasco), some Stickles for extra glitter, another die cut and some Tulip Beads in a Bottle copper dots.
Next is last months Scrapfriends sketch
And my version which tells a rather special story of the day Carys nearly burned the house down.
Well the shed anyway.
Here are a couple of close ups
Merly Impressions. They are really good value (£3.25). I usually use them without sticking the stamp to a block as I like the uneven pattern it produces. I then added a number stencil in yellow Distress Ink. I chose Fancy Pants Down by the Shore papers mixed with Dear Lizzy die cut accents. The doily is sprayed with yellow ColourShine, although it looks gold in the flash photography light. I did some doodling and made my journalling deliberately hard to read. (Mind you at that age my handwriting was TERRIBLE). I dabbed some dots of Chalk Spray but they didn't really work.
And I looked and looked at the layout and it just wasn't right. So on impulse I grabbed the yellow distress ink, a brush and some water and painted over most of the background (which is why you can't see the number stencil any more!) I also painted a few blue shadows and stamped with a Dear Lizzy roller stamp. MUCH better than it was. The faded green dots were replaced by more Tulip beads.