Friday, July 13, 2007

Work and play

Sometimes I would rather just play! But my work is pretty fulfilling too. I've had a little space from the round of meetings and can actually see my desk at the moment. So today I will do a little bit of reading to catch up I think, plus some of the things that get pushed to the bottom of the pile... No sermon prep today as we are doing a worship planning session tomorrow. Which means I will have to work Saturday night to do the powerpoint and the service sheet. Ah well. Carys has had her school report. She did well in her SATS but more importantly got a wonderful school report which talked about what a joy she is to teach and what a credit she is to herself and to us. I think it is more her than us though really but I'm happy for people to think we have parenting skills! Last night there was a review of their trip to Winmarleigh Hall. All the other girls towered over my little dolly. She's got my genes obviously. The school are selling a cd of photos - 380 on the disc so there should be some good ones of Miss C. They showed a video and there was a hysterically funny bit where they did a "night line" walk. They all had blacked out goggles on, but it was actually daylight and to see them crawling through mud when they could have stood up, and being tickled by a leaf by a teacher and jumping out of their skin was so funny. It explains the state of the clothes when they got home too.

As it is Friday it is time to reveal the Dare for this week.
G'day all, Gillian here, and it's my turn to dare you all this week
Your card can be any theme you like, just as long as it's got something you'd find in a Haberdashery Department on it

So here is my effort

As many of my dare cards are , this is a large square card (looks slightly squiffy in the photo but it doesn't lean really!). Papers are BG Stella Ruby and this time I didn't try to hide the sewing pattern! The lace and the other material came from a wonderful bag of bits that a member of Crafts By Carolyn - Puss - was selling at a meet in 2006. I found some tape measure ribbon in my stash, ditto with the buttons and the fibres came from a swap. The sentiment was stamped onto white card which was then swooshed with an Old Photo Distress Ink Pad. I love the way they change to colour of the white bit but keep the black shining through!

In other crafting...
I had an order of cuttlebug dies yesterday from the US. Ideally the musical notes were for last weeks Bible Study! But I am sure I can use them. I think some "Just a note" cards might appear. As I have been volunteered to sell cards at the Church Fair in November I am going to have to make up a selection of quick and easy cards. Anyhoo I got the two lots of notes and the dear little animals. I bought from the Bargain Garden and she threw in a little packet of goodies as well. I'm a sucker for that kind of service! I had the Craft Club at my Harold Hill Church and we had a new person come - we are now up to three on the books! I think it is starting to grow. We were makig baby cards so I was able to use one of my dies for a non trad baby card.
With a bit of BG Romani thrown in. I'm into orange at the mo' it seems.

And red and black. (more of that when I have finished the current layout)
This is letter sized and uses more Funky Kits papers, some Dabber painted and glossy accented Heidi Swapp letters (which are of course falling off). I lost the dot on the i and had to improvise. the fuzzy felt additions are Scrapbook Inspirations freebies, the felt flower was from this months Self Addressed Kit, the ribbon from a previous one and the large brad came via the Scrapagogo charity kit. Mmmm I get around a bit don't I?!
And to save your eyes, here is the journalling

17 comments:

Kathy said...

oh Lythan - what a greeat post - I love catching up with the Upminster Chronicles!

Lovely work - a fabby habby card for the DCM - I loved it the minute I saw it, gorgeous colours and sumptuous lace. And the LO is just fab, bless that sone of yours for being so cool!

Melissa Goodsell said...

You've been busy! I love all the cards. Your DCM card is beautiful, I love all the haberdashery bits and bobs.
I also adore your layout :O)
Melx

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card and LO Lythan!!

Love all the different textures and elements on your card.

Jo said...

That paper is so right for this week's dare - I know what you mean about the writing, I tried to make a card a while back but decided to change the paper rather than let it show :) Gorgeous card and fantastic lay out - that is so funny being called Auntie, glad he found it funny :)

jo xx

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, you have been busy, love everything and your Dare card is great, have to get busy you have given me "inspiration"

All of my Todays said...

You make gorgeous cards Lythan. My sons school gave us a CD of photos from Winmarleigh last week and the night line pictures are hilarious looks like they have great fun there.

rubberdubber said...

Lovely DCM card - I feel like I want to reach out and touch it.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Gorgeous stuff. I love that card with all the lace. Its strange but when I saw it my first thought was my Grandmother.

Jackie said...

Fab work as usual Lythan. I love your dare card and thanks for jogging my memory too...........I also bought one of those packs off Puss and it's in a drawer somewhere, oops!

Penny said...

Gorgeous details on this!!!

stamp and scrape said...

Absolutely gorgeous dare card. The colours and textures are very rich - you just want to touch them all.PTL
Ros

Clare said...

Lovely cards and layout. I'm hoping to make a start on my DCM Haberdashery challenge very soon!

Gillian .... said...

fab card for dcm, great layout :)

Lynne said...

You've been busy.
Love all the bits you've used on your dare card.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love your DCM card Lythan!

Rika said...

Beautiful DCM card!

Sheila said...

Whooooo have you been busy or what?
Love your dare card and Hywel's LO is gorgeous........I am so with you on the red, white and black thing. I'd use it on every card if I could....lol!!!