Sunday, January 11, 2009

Look at this!

Yes, changes to my side bar! The first time in at least 2 years and probably nearer three.
I'm trying to find a couple more blinkies and then it will be better.
Next on the list will be awards I have been awarded and then don't do anything about. (Sorry lovely people, its just that darn html)
And maybe, one day, a new blog header.
I kind of like the plain look but it has been the same since I started!

And also look at my first design work for Funky Hand, using the latest Funky Daze cd. this is a cool collection of papers in lots of funky colourways. My first effort was a card using my fave blue and green colour combo.
There is a wee hint of doodling, a sizzix cut star and soem black pearls. The word "Star" is cut from the matching alphabet and the other letters are done by hand.

Then there is something a little odd! One of the paper options is covered in birds that carefully look like birds and chickens. So I decided to make an egg carton cover. we give away a lot of eggs so it is nice to make it a proper gift! It might also remind people to return the egg box for refilling!I peeled off the original egg box cover and used it as a template on blue patterned paper then cut it again using another paper, just a little smaller. Other paper was used to make a top piece. You do need extra strong tape (the red stuff) as egg boxes are made of a funny material.
And then I made a tag to match!
I found an old sample folder full of threads and wool so I will be threading buttons and tags galore!
Can't wait for tomorrow when more crafting will occur!

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Great contribution for FH. The egg box is so inspired - it is superb! x

SueH said...

Oh wow Lythan, that egg box cover looks wonderful. What a great idea.
I’m sure your girl’s eggs will be even tastier having been delivered in such a beautiful work or art and I just happen to have one of your boxes sitting here waiting to be returned for its face lift!

Your card looks great too. The colours look fab and the designs most definitely suit your style.

Katy said...

I adore your egg box!!! Mind if I totally steal the idea?

Kath Stewart said...

fabby cards Lythan and I do love that egg box....pity I don't have any chickens.
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful crafty creations! Your 2s4u card is so pretty! I just love all the sparkle!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh I adore these new makes. Just fantastic. Kim

Enfys said...

This must be the funkiest sample ever Lythan. I am SOOOO glad you are on the team, love your work
hugs
En x