Friday, July 31, 2009

And so peaceful until...

Oh still far to peaceful here!
But there are upsides. Like getting the washing done in one load! (won't mention what is in the kids baskets. Will have to do that soon)

And yes, I have a thing for Snape. But not Alan Rickman. Strange eh? I also have a thing for red headed blokes. Fortunately I also have a thing for men without that much hair and what is left is silver! (Actually when I was younger I wondered how any woman could love a bald man. Seriously. And then I met Phil who only had a full head of hair for a short time really. God's sense of humour strikes again!)

It was my turn to pick the Daring Cardmakers dare this week. I decided to dedicate it to my addiction to Bejewelled Bliss. It has to be the Facebook version for me as I love the minute only set up. A few friends and I have a little rivalry going (especially me and Emma from Imagine That. She normally wins though) as you get a friends leader board reset every Tuesday evening. My top score ever is 205,000 which is virtually impossible (top 2%!) Wish I'd done a screen capture to prove it!
(cough not that I am obsessed cough)

Anyhoo, to celebrate my love for Bejewelled Blitz here is the challenge
Bejewelled Bliss

In honour of my addiction to the Bejewelled Blitz game
I would like to see cards with lots of bling and sparkle!
One of my latest purchases is the stamp set to go with the Amy Butler Lotus papers. I saw it on Kristina Werner's blog last week and tracked it down in the UK along with a little box of die cut embellishments that match too. I bought them from Crafty Snippets a site I hadn't used before but the price was good delivery prompt and I had a little free gift too.
Sothey had to be used for the challenge which works as some of the paper in the pad is WELL sparkly.
I made a card from grey Bazzill. Stamped and embossed a leaf spray from the set with Winter Wonderland embossing powder to give some white sparkle. I punched a border onto some grey and green paper from the stack. I then used a sheet that came from a Gottacraft kit and decided to do a lot of "fussy cutting" (love that US phrase!) and layering. Ialso went made with the glue stick and pen. The big bling gems are from Poundland. FInally the little flowers on the die cut sentiment were pink and didn't match so I added Anitas tiny gems instead.

Next week there is an Arts week at Church. I am running a scrapbook class and two cardmaking classes. I will reprise my latest class at Imagine That for one of the card making ones and am still thinking about the other one! For the scrapbooking class I came up with this
The class needs to
1: teach some new ideas
2: allow up to 10 people to use one set of equipment
3: have something in it for beginners and more advanced as some coming I don't know have done scrapbooking before
4: be fairly cheap as I am unsure if I get any expenses!

The tree idea is taken from a Creating Keepsakes magazine, but the rest of the layout was pretty different. I had intended to add some patterned paper on the right hand side and forgot (doh!) but I quite like the clean lines.
I used Paperartsy and Penny Black stamps; sizzix Playground alphabet and lots of punches and nestabilities. And a few buttons. I will need to get some more green ones before Wednesday evening.

The 5 things are hidden in the trees...
Here are some
Two you have to turn up. One has VERY bad handwriting on it. For some reason I decided to write the most on the smallest circle
Card club tomorrow and no cards prepped for that yet. And a service to get ready in between. And I have an 'ickle cold. So I had better stop being peaceful and get moving

Something exciting happening on Monday too which I will explain on Tuesday!

2 comments:

Tip Top said...

Ah, I should have read all your posts before guessing (see last comment)

I think its the blackness and very dry sense of humour....

Do like the tree of Lythan!!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

I love the tree, it's a great idea and looks fab.