Thursday, September 13, 2007

God's Promises

Salt day today!
Another brief post from me because I have a stinker of a headache and a meeting to go to soon.
Gillian chose the challenge this fortnight...
God's Promises.
So many times we are guilty of breaking promises,or have been on the other end of a broken promise,but what a wonderful blessing to know that when God makes a promise it's steadfast.
We'd love to see what Promise from God you choose to use as your basis for your challenge
Its a terrible photo but I haven't the energy for another one yet. I think sticking a layout on the wall is better than the floor though. Ah well.
It is 81/2 x 11 using an SEI paper, painted round the edge using a Ranger Dabber . The blue paper I bought from Scraptitude, ditto the two pieces of Hambly. The journalling tag was painted with Ranger daubers on the back (makes it easier to stick it down as you can't see the tape!)
God's and Promise is alcohol inked photo paper (cos I had some left over from printing the photo). The white letter stickers are ... old (will find the company later honest) and I covered God's in white stickles which are now rather pink...everything was sanded and I added a few bits of ribbon, flowers and buttons too. I just love this photo of a bird just snapped at my local big fishing lake, some how it speaks to me of the Spirit of God hovering over the waters and also flying free through through the world as Jesus promised.
It lifts my heart to see the wonderful work that the Salt team does - I hope it gives you something to think about or be inspired by too.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful Lythan! Wonderful photo for this challenge.

Hazel said...

You're right, Lythan, that the picture of the bird is just right for this wonderful promise. I'm so enjoying being in a team with you talented girls.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Awesome, what else is there to say.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you described your techniques. I'm in learning mode. I love how you drew attention to the bird, and the colors you added just enhance the photo wonderfully.
amanda

stamp and scrape said...

Lythan this is beautiful. I love the way you have highlighted the bird with the gorgeous rub-on. Great verse too.
Ros

Gillian said...

So Beautiful Lythan, oh you are so right the bird does speak so beautifully of the Spirit of God! love how you've used the rub-on around the bird! beautiful!

Scripture by Design said...

Sorry I haven't commented sooner, but I really do like this Lythan. Great L.O., papers and embellishments :)