Friday, March 16, 2007

It's a beautiful day

again!
The magnolia tree next door is in full bloom. I love that tree. Not only does it lift my heart with its beauty but i don't have to pick up all the pesky blossoms. here is how it looked last year... and it is even more lovely today.

Carys and I are going to stay with my uni friend/her Godmother Anna overnight which we are all looking forward to. Carys was v. busy last night making mothers day cards for her grandmas. I suddenly realised that while admiring the ones I had made that usually we send them from the children too. So Carys had an hour to get them done which was disturbed in the middle by tea. But she worked like a Trojan and did it. Inspiration came from what was on my messy table left over from the Daring Cardmakers Dare this week and together we came up with ideas and she did all the work. sorry the pics are blurred but I was rushing! Managed to get them in the post just in time!


And so onto the dare this week. Set by queasy Kel - feel better soon hun! we had to list craft items and get other members of the family to draw 5 things out of the hat.
I had
  • acrylic paint
  • glitter glue
  • die cuts
  • wood mounted stamp
  • charms
eeek! But with a little bit of cheating I came up with this
cheating came with the white pen and the square punch.
I found a rubber stamp of a wiggle square and painted it in various colours on some card which i punched out. I painted the card base using a wet wipe - that si why the card looks slightly warped - it is. I used the left over die cuts from Monday which I had not put away, did my standard outlining, added some glitter glue which also went over the lettering. The charm is the butterfly which "accidentally" lost its loopy bit. How sad.
I can't wait to see what you all come up with.
I'll be back with my new of the trip away v. soon. have a good weekend what ever you do and I leave you with a picture that shows up my shallowness. it is entitled "happy" becasue that is how it makes me feel!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

I am soooo glad I wasn't the only one to have a little cheat!

Great card Lythan, but I have to say Carys might just have the edge with hers...
I took pics of my ribbons and flowers the other day - I'll have to remember to put them on my blog so we can compare notes on pretty things

Gillian said...

Carys your cards are lovely, I'm sure your Grandmas are just going to treasure them.
Lythan I do hope you are having a wonderful weekend :o)
Just love your dare card, very pretty design, and gorgeous BG you've made too..

Rhi said...

Oh wow Carys' cards are ace, you'd better watch out Lythan. Love your dare card, you had a tough mix but its turned out brilliant!

And as for your happy flowers...YUMMM!

Sarah said...

Wow! Carys love your cards!
Lythan the colours of your dare card are fab.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Carys, you are very original! Loved your cards.
Lythan, your card really 'popped'! What a creative household you have! And I would feel happy too, looking at all those pretty, bright flowers. Thanks for sharing all this with us :-D

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very ingenius card & love it.

Andrea C (Frog) said...

Lovely card Lythan.

Andrea xx