Friday, March 30, 2007

New stuff

New stuff #1
Grandma arrived with her new puppy spin. Aw! Of course the best photo of him I took without a flash. waah! so here he is in black and white. which is a shame as he is really a red collie (that's a kind of brown really). Now don't let Dutch our dog see these because he is not allowed on the sofa...

New stuff #2
I have had my hair chopped
Had to endure a ticking off from the hairdresser about the state it was in!

This isn't really a good photo of the front as it swings forward more. But the back is quite cool
New stuff #3
its card dare day and it was my turn to choose a theme. Mwah, hah, hah, hah.
This week you can do ANYTHING you like on a card BUT you can only use one colour.

I have enjoyed "helping" the team work out what is allowed and what is not. It is a shame to give up the power now!
anyway here is my humble attempt.
I used a March SA kit card and stamped sentiment. Aunt Sarah's Bloomer, Bazzill button, green staples from the 99p shop, Sophistiquins green sequins from Get Crafty and various bits of paper and vellum from my pile of green card and paper. The card swings out and I must add that the paper you can only see a little of has a green fleck on a very light green background and is NOT white (!)

New Stuff #4
I won the draw on Tracie's blog for some chipboard shapes. I am in awe of her talent and I think I have this idea that if I have some of her chipboard I will be able to scrap like her.
I know, but a girl can dream!

well we are heading into Holy Week - a very special week for me as I remember the last week in the life of Jesus, his death on the cross for me and his bringing of new life through his resurrection. It is also a very busy week work wise followed by a break/collapse at my parents the week after. so it is likely that this blog will be neglected for a little while.
May you too know the hope of new life in Jesus
Happy Easter!

21 comments:

Gillian said...

Firstly Lythan I hope you have a truly blessed Easter too...

Love your new DOO!!!.. very cute!
and lub that puppy...
Now this dare of yours... hmmmm..
LOVED IT... Thanks heaps for it..
and your card is SCRUMMY!!! love that you made it round.. and gorgeous everything!..
Don't work tooo hard this week ;o)

artfulstampin said...

I often think Easter is actually more special than Christmas. Its when we can remember the immense and true sacrifice of our Saviour Jesus. I love all the detail on your card. Just lovely.

Deanne said...

gorgeous card Lythan, loving that puppy too...
i love having hair chopped, makes your head feel lighter.. hehe x

Jane said...

love the hair Lythan. love the card too - really different. Enjoy your special Easter time x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Always an interesting visit Lythan - gorgeous card, really cute doggie and your new look is fabulous - good for you.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Have a wonderful Easter.

Great haircut, fabby dog pictures & love that card!!!!
Why is it everytime I grow my hair, all around me are hacking theirs off??

Anonymous said...

Love the card and the puppy is soooo adorable :)

Rhi said...

I love the new hair, its great how it feels when it swings at that length. Great card too, none of my greens mathed each other! Thanks for a fantastic dare this week and a very Happy easter to you :)
Rhi x

Vintage Papers said...

Love your card - it is very creative! also love your new hairdo and your poochie looks so sweet!

Sheila said...

Humble effort indeed......what are you like?
It's flippin' gorgeous.......I love everything about it but especially the colour.

Sheila said...

Forgot to say...your hair looks fab.

Godelieve said...

Fabulous card! Love the shape and textures!

CarolineO said...

Beautiful work here. Great new "do" too. Happy Easter!

Sam said...

Funky new mop crop!!!

And that pooch is just the cutest...bet he's all feet lol!

Gorgeously stunning card as well ;o)

Jayrewcraft said...

It's a fantastic card - I like the circle idea.
The colour tone is lovely - well done!
Jayne xx

Kathy said...

Ooooh get you - haing a Good Hair Day! Looks fab Lythan.

Puppy is just gorgoues

Card is fab

Hope your busy couple of weeks go well and you get some time to yourself in there somewhere.

Kate said...

Aah what a cute pup, love that photo. Beautiful.
Also lovin' the hair. Mine is about the same length as your old hair and I've been toying with the idea for weeks of getting it chopped into a bob.
I know how paula feels, everytime I grow mine everyone else chops it off. LOL

Pearl said...

Here's wishing you a blessed Easter season Lythan ! I'll be in Bangkok ironically ! lol


Very cute new pups you sure have !


thinking of yer ! xo, Pearl

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a truly wonderful Easter! :o)

And what a gorgeous pup!

xxx

Gypsy Purple said...

Wishing you a happy and blessed Easter

Paula said...

Lovin the hair Lythan. And a belated Happy Easter to you xxx