Sunday, December 10, 2006

Please sir can I have some more?

This is Max, 2 1/2 enjoying one of the biscuits he made at the craft afternoon. His grandparents did not enjoy the sugar rush he had so much!







The Craft afternoon was fun. We had loads of helpers and oodles of things to do, thanks to my friend Gill who was a wonderful headteacher and still is able to organise stuff at the drop of a hat!

we were not crowded out but those who were there all seemed to enjoy themselves and it is a tradition we will carry on and try and build on.



I was going to do laminated place mats but the person who normally does cards couldn't go so I did cards! They were inspired by Kathy's wobbly trees and my thriftiness when it comes to sharing my stash with others (that is the polite way of saying I am selfish!)

we cut shapes out of cereal boxes with punches, or traced round a triangle. Then, using the free Christmas papers I have collected over the last few months we covered white paper using the serendipity technique, punched it out, stuck 'em together and decorated.It's great way of using up bits of scrap paper and even these cheap quality freebies look quite good.

This is the one that Hywel made.
And I have had an email notification that the 6x6 BG Blush pad that I wanted is in stock. Can you all please go and buy it so that I won't be tempted? Thank you

8 comments:

Kelly K said...

I will gladly purchas the Blush pad, if you will kindly tell me where it's in stock. Just to help you out of course. Nothing in it for me whatsoever. Honest.

Gillian said...

I wonder if I bought the last 6x6 blush pad.. so cute all of the papers shrunk down to that size.. Oh did you want me to tell you how lovely it is Lythan?? LOL...
I looks like you had a great day, lots of fun..

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a good day you all seeemd to have had! Great way to turn out cards that look good, too - thanks for the ideas!! And thanks for visiting my blog. 'See' you again soon :-)

Rhi said...

Not to worry all the Blush is at my house safely out of your reach (only 6 hours on the train mind you!)

Your craft day looks fab and so do the serendipity cards your students made. Now you have even more teaching experience you can go back to that shop, tell them you want to teach the class and ask to be paid in papers!

Paula J Atkinson said...

what a fun day you had & yep, I'll take some blush off your hands!!!!

Beadyjan said...

Sounds like you had a great time Lythan wish I could have joined you!

Pearl said...

Ewww even here in Sunny Singapore Blush has landed lol - acquired my Blush 6x6 pad along with a bunch of Bazzill Bling cardstocks( they really are just shimmer or pearlescent paper with texture )...hmmm....Great cards & excellent idea with the free papers during craft day !

Kathy said...

Yep, I'm with Kel - just tell me where to go for it. I'm in serious need of some new paper. I've realised today that I'm missing out on loads of new stuff and I've got to catch up. It's so sad when you're too busy to shop.......