Friday, July 27, 2007

It's that Friday feeling

I bet most of you go "yahoo it's the weekend". Well it is slightly different for me because my weekends are often filled with work. And my Friday feeling is - "got to get the service ready for Sunday morning". Now often this is becasue I have a lot of work on Saturday and I hate finishing off on Saturday night. this week I am on duty at our contact centre on Saturday morning but then off into the big smoke to meet up with a school pal and see the back of the Scissor Sisters in the evening (I hope they have screens so we can see their faces). Does that help with the general air of procrastination that Friday brings? No it does not. And we are out this evening as well going for a meal with a colleague so I only have a few hours. Hence writing the blog rather than a sermon. Aaaaaargh!

Still the good thing about Friday is that it is Dare Launch day and I can waste/spend time seeing what everyone comes up with!
So this week it is all about Checks

All Checked Out. you can choose any theme for the card BUT it must incorporate 'Checks', whether it be gingham paper or ribbon or squares, any thing really as long as it incorporates some kind of shape with 4 equal sides.......

And this is my offering. It was so hard this week because all of the cards were so fantastically brilliant that I felt a bit awed. So I decided to stick to what I do best - simple!
Its all from that new Self Addressed Kit I had - including the card stock. Just punched witht he green Woodware square and inked with Blue Jeans distress ink.

I made a couple of cards last night too...
This one had "on your dedication" printed on it. I tried to scallop the bottom. But the card stock isn't as good as Card Creations and wouldn't cut properly. So I had to cut it off. I then scalloped the side. That didn't go too well and then the "on your dedication" was not in the centre so I had to cover it up. So I wrote out some of Aaronic blessing and had a strop for a while. I hated it last night but it is not so bad now. It is a commission so I hope they like it. (I think the baby was a girl)

To help with the recovery of temper I made this one in about 15 minutes and I love it!
Both cards were made with the May SA kit. I bought the Bazzill card stock stickers ages ago but one of the SA kits had chipboard that they fit on. The little flowers were in a prize package and the bling is - yup that same packet of gems from Poundland!

18 comments:

Andrea, said...

Great cards love the flowers

mum-on-the-run said...

All great cards Lythan!!

Love the pink and green on the last one :)

Kathy said...

Oh Lythan, you are sooo funny! All these cards are great - yes, even the commissioned one, it looks fab so just behave yourself!

Love the mosaic card - such a fab idea for using scraps of paper - I love doing mosaic edges etc and it's all your fault!

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, these are great, love your challenge, love all these cards.

Angelnorth said...

These are all lovely Lythan. I'm another fan of the 'simple grid' so I love your checked one and you 'disastrous' commissioned card has turned out beautifully in the end, you'd never know you had so much hassle with it!

stamp and scrape said...

Love the way you have used the checks on the diagonal - sweet colours too. Hope the sermon goes well.
Ros

Hazel said...

The dedication card turned out so well in the end - love it - just right. And the other card's great as well. It's good to know I'm not the only one that has disasters - but at least you turned it round and no one would have known!

Unknown said...

How come the ones we don't think are up to the mark really are!? Hmmmm.... I'm off to ponder!

Seriously though Lythan they are fab!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Scrummy creations & I adore that lime green spotty paper with the pink too!

Sheila said...

Gorgeous cards Lythan.
I love your dare one because of it's simplicity and the papers are yummy.

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

I LOVE This creations!! TFS! :)

Pearl said...

Ooo lovely cards Lythan ! gorgeous colours !

Leigh said...

Love all of these cards.

rubberdubber said...

Fabby cards - I especially love the middle one. I'm wrestling with scalloped scissors at the moment too, they keep giving ragged edges and they're new.

Gillian .... said...

great cards lythan, like the way you have used the checks for DCM :)

Anna said...

WOW! You have been busy. The card with squares is fantastic. Love the colour combination.

Your other cards are so pretty. I must check out the Self Addressed kits.

Lynne said...

Gorgeous cards Lythan.
Your dare card is fantastic. It's so often the simplest ideas are the best, I really love this one.

Cheryl said...

These are all beautiful! I especially love your use of different patterns in the first card.