Thursday, September 27, 2007

JOY!

I love the word "joy". Being a Christian is not about feeling happy all the time - if it was I would be rubbish at it. But I think it is about feeling joy. Joy to me is a deeper emotion than happiness. It is the quiet confidence of knowing the unconditional love of God shown in Jesus. Although it can sometimes spill out into something exuberant too. So I was so pleased when Hazel chose the word "joy" for Salt this week. And I think Hazel has explained it better than I have!
When things are going well in life we feel happy and joyful, but sometimes circumstances of life may cause us to feel sad, but even at those times we can still experience the joy of the Lord. I'm reminded of the verse in Nehemiah 8:10b: 'for the joy of the Lord is my strength'. We'd love to see your take on this challenge

Here is mine...
I used Cherry Arte Poolside papers - my favourite blue and green combo! I cut a frame in one of the papers and stuck it on. It was rather a disaster so I recommend glue and not double sided tape for doing this as I ended up with having the paper tear when it ran out of give! The lettering is handcut. Yes I have a craft robo! but I wanted something a little bit more uneven.
then lots of outlining and layering.
I have been planning to scrap this photo for ages but glad I waited now! I'm also glad I splurged on the Cherry Arte painted chipboard as the little hearts set off/covered the mistakes beautifully!

7 comments:

Angelnorth said...

That's a fabulous LO, Lythan! The photo is an absolute corker and was perfect for this theme. I think the page reflects the idea of joy perfectly - great job!

Scripture by Design said...

I love your choice of colour and photo. It perfectly reflects the wording and sentiment behind the layout!

Andrea, said...

Beautiful, love those papers, great photo

Janice said...

Great action shot and lovely interpretation.

Janice

Anonymous said...

I see joy. What fun!
amanda

Hazel said...

This is a super LO, Lythan - really embodies the feeling of joy deep down!

Tammy Gray said...

This is so fun and cheerful! Beautiful work!