Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Who are you and what have you done with my children?

Something strange has happened at my house.

Every evening the children come home from school, say hello and then get on with tidying and hoovering their designated area of the house. They also asked last week if they could start trying more different vegetables. It is really quite amazing. They have taken on more chores etc with such equanimity that I wish we had done it earlier.
They also make their own lunches and put their clothes away (eventually)

This has all come from us having family meetings (almost) every Monday. We all get a chance to talk about things that are vexing us and together try and find solutions. We also get to make family decisions together.
Sometimes it is very painful to go through - especially if certain family members are in a silly mood.
But it is amazing the difference it has made for us.

We are by no means a perfect family - ha, ha, ha, ha, ha - at the very thought! But I am so proud of my three amigos and wanted to share.
I promise no more gushing for a while.

You may notice a lack of photos - that is because apart from finally getting round to some Christmas cards that you have seen the design for, there is just nothing to see. Sob! I'll have to see what I can do this week with the tilda and sugar nellie stamps I have coloured in.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Lythan - what a breakthrough. Don't think it'll work on my ulruly toddler though - more's the pity! Lol x

Kathy said...

wow Lythan - being the cynical type I have to wonder whether these "perfect children" have an eye on some Christmas goodies.

Maybe not - maybe you've found the key to "Happy Families", if only you could bottle it you'd make a fortune