Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy (ish) New Year!

Actually I have had a lot of fun since I last blogged. Craft day was spent in a different way from planned. I needed to make some samples for Imagine That and realised it would be better to do them at the shop using their die cut letters rather than at home. So I spent a happy few hours with KI memories pop culture papers including some of the lace paper. Slurp!
Of course I didn't take my camera...
Must remember to next time I go in as you also can't see the other class that I have finished too. Silly me!
I really enjoy making samples for the shop although
1: I get very nervous in case I go wrong or it is horrible
2: I often end up buying some of the stuff that I have used for the class cos it is just so lovely!

On Monday we headed to Birmingham to spend New Years Eve with Auntie Jones. we had lunch and supper there and then went down the road to the M5 to a travelodge - about 10 minutes drive away. It was the grottiest one ever - at least I had a cheapo deal on the rooms. Plus our two rooms were miles apart. There were no pillow cases - we had them warm from the tumble dryer. Still we were comfy and warm and snuggled up to watch some Dr Who series 3 episodes and the fireworks.

Tuesday we went for brekkie at Auntie Joneses (my cunning plan to avoid expensive breakfasts at the Travelodge). But we ended up back at the service station as when we drove out we saw what looked like a dog with a lead on its own, possibly tied up in some woods. Phil, with his big heart, couldn't go home without checking. There was indeed a greyhound on its own. The staff were aware and told the traffic police as it was in between a busy road and the motorway. As it happened the man behind me in the petrol queue also had a retired greyhound pet! Lucky spent 2 nights at kennels and is glad to be home now.

Once home I had fun doing some more crafting. I did my dare work for this week and finished this layout.
I love this picture of me and my choir buddies. I enjoy saying rude things to Alma and making her laugh at practice.
the red of the American crafts papers goes well with our luxury scarves (£15! for a scarf!) I added more AC papers, some Queen and Co felt, lots of black gems, some sparkly black ribbon, some diamente gems, Purple Onion stamps and lots of black pen (of course)

Today I did a funeral and have a other lined up for next week. It is so hard when people die at a festive time of year. And I have Elders tonight. Yup, the holidays (such as I had) are ended!
Although we have Phil's junior church party and sleepover here tomorrow night...

No comments: