Thursday, May 08, 2008

No I really was a fat baby

to those nice comments that said surely not! Sadly, it is True. I was a little puddin'.
Now I am not much taller (5'2) and a size 10-12 (though it is creeping up!) so people find it hard to believe. Actually I was fat at uni too. But that is another story and not to do with my mum giving me too much milk.
I was about 25 and looking through photos of Big Baby and pondering how I could have got so fat on breastfeeding. "But you were bottle fed" said my mum. That explains it then.

Today is Salt day and Kim S came up with a great challenge. Forgiveness -Matthew 11:28
The idea for this challenge came from a hymn we sang in church a few months ago. The focus of the hymn is on man's natural state of sinfulness and how, through Christ's sacrifice on the cross, we can be set free from the bondage of sin and be "set faultless before the throne."


Many people would state that they don't need forgiveness and yet, when we compare our every day acts against that of Christ, a sinless man, we are able to see our utter hopelessness of ever being worthy or "good" enough to receive the gift of everlasting life. Praise God, He sent a Savior who can forgive even the worse sinner and create in us a clean heart. "Mine the life won, and thine the life laid down...."

I was limited by only having a handful of photos on my hard drive (most of which are people dressed as British and German soldiers) so I was delighted to discover this stock one.

The papers are all We R Memory Keepers, the rub ons are Pink Martini and the layout is based on a sketch by Kim Sonksen on Scraptitude for NSD. It is about as direct a use of a sketch as you can possibly get - with the addition of the cross!

Have Alpha tonight so must fly!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

great LO and wonderful use of the verse with that image.

Hazel said...

Such a great LO, Lythan - just right - wonderful response to this challenge. Hope Alpha's going well tonight.

Sarosa said...

I never put those two together either, Lythan, it really works! Wonderful layout, too!